Fall Concerts You Won’t Want to Miss

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

August is almost over and you know what that means… Fall is coming! I know, I know. You’re going to tell me that it’s “too early” to start thinking about football, pumpkin spice, and everything that encompasses Autumn. But honestly, I can’t stop thinking about the upcoming change of season – mainly because there are so many concerts taking place that I cannot contain my excitement for! If you’re searching for some fun concerts to attend this Fall, then look no further. Here are some upcoming Fall concerts that you won’t want to miss!

Music Midtown: Saturday, September 17 – Friday, September 18, 2016

If you’re from Atlanta, I’m sure you’re well-aware of this annual music festival that takes place in Piedmont Park every fall. This year’s lineup is loaded with talented artists, such as James Bay, twenty one pilots, Alabama Shake, Grouplove, The Killers, Kesha and many more. Music Midtown is always such an unforgettable weekend, you won’t want to miss this experience!

2. LANY: Saturday, October 8, 2016

LANY (pronounced lay-knee) is an indie/alternative-pop band on the rise. Their name is an acronym for “Los Angeles New York,” but they actually began in Nashville. You may have heard one of their more popular hits, “like you lots,” or “WHERE THE HELL ARE MY FRIENDS.” My personal favorites are “pink skies” and “current location,” but each of their songs are beautifully produced.  If you love upbeat, beachy, summery tunes, I’m sure you’ll love LANY’s show.

3. Troye Sivan: Friday, November 18, 2016

Troye Sivan is a treasure to the music industry. He not only has an angelic voice, but the music and production on each of his songs are so pleasing. No matter if one of his songs is upbeat and lighthearted or slow and somber, you can always count on it to have a sick beat drop. I saw Troye do an acoustic set earlier this year and he sounded perfect, so when he announced his Suburbia Tour for Fall 2016, I knew I couldn’t pass up another chance to see him. I’m so pumped to finally see Troye put on a full concert. If you’re looking for a fun show with phenomenal energy, then this is the Fall concert for you.

4. The 1975: Tuesday, November 22, 2016

If you know me, you know that I absolutely love The 1975. I’ve been listening to them for over three years now, and the music that they have released since then has only gotten better. I have seen them three times (once this year at Shaky Knees festival in May) and each time has been incredible. If you have not yet gotten the chance to see them live, I strongly suggest you buy tickets to see them this Fall. I can’t think of a better way to kick off Thanksgiving break.

Her Campus GCSU Campus Correspondent. Senior Mass Communication major with a focus in Journalism. Cat mom, writer, avid concert-goer, iced coffee addict.