Erica Sanders: A Model Student

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

Although she no longer attends the school, Erica Sanders is well-known at GCSU. In her four years here before graduating last May, she had the ultimate college experience: she got good grades, had an internship with the Women’s Center on campus, and amassed a large number of friends, many of whom she is still friends with even after graduating.

Erica earned her degree from GCSU in psychology, and she is currently working towards her Master of Social Work in grad school. She hopes to pass her licensing exam in a couple of years in order to become a therapist. In addition to her internship with the Women’s Center that assisted this dream, she now has another internship, working with the Division of Family and Children Services. All of these experiences, she knows, will be useful in her future career.

But outside of her academic work, Erica has a very active social life. She loves to catch up with friends whenever possible, although she says it has become difficult between classes and her internship. When she attended GCSU, she went to trivia night every week at local restaurant Buffington’s. She also frequently had friends over to her apartment for small themed get-togethers, including a Nickelodeon party where they watched episodes of classic Nickelodeon shows and everyone had to come dressed as a Nick character.

Another activity she enjoys is modeling. (Yes, the title of this article is a pun.) She’s worked with many talented local photographers, including Michael Erikson and Tom Wise, the latter of which took the one used for this article’s homepage picture. “I do some recreational modeling for trade to help photographers expand their portfolios. It is fun to explore different looks, but I also make sure to keep my wits about me in that line of work!” Erica says. Despite some people’s suggestions that she could do it for a living and as much as she enjoys it, she considers modeling to be only a hobby.

Her other hobbies include reading and watching movies and theatre productions. She acts on occasion, including a few webseries she’s worked on with friends and a role in GCSU’s 2013 performances of The Vagina Monologues. She also loves everything Pokemon related.

When asked about advice she’d give to anyone hoping to become a Campus Celebrity, she recommends “being sociable and nice to people. And also talking about Pokemon.”

Math major, theatre kid, professional hottie.