A Creative and Beautiful Cutie: Kalin Jordan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

Major: Art

Year: Sophomore

Hometown: Covington, GA

What clubs/organizations are you in and what are your leadership positions in them?

Sigma Alpha Omega: t-shirt director and Public Relations committee head; Peacock’s feet: Art director

What inspires you most?

So many things inspire me. Being in art classes from freshman year of high school to now has taught me to see the world in a different way.  The smallest, most ordinary things can inspire me. God also inspires me. He is The Creator. He allows us to use our senses to appreciate all that he has made and then we get to use what he has given us to create, learn, and grow.

What would you say is your fashions sense/style?

I’m definitely about comfort. I don’t care how cute something is…if it’s not comfortable when I try it on in the store, I know I won’t wear it much after I buy it. I would say my style is like a lot of college girls: t-shirts, chacos, and hats when going to class, but also wearing nice dresses for special occasions.

What advice would you give to anyone on how to enjoy their college experience?

College is what you make it. If you only go to class and do homework, you may not enjoy college as much. At the same time, if you only focus on your social life, you’ll miss out on the classes that are fun and help you grow. There has to be a balance. Join organizations, clubs, campus ministries, etc. Take advantage of what the college life and atmosphere have to offer. Find things to do with friends and by yourself. Everyone’s college experience is different, so find out what you love and try new things because you won’t get this time back when it’s gone.

Do you have any hobbies?

I love watching movies, reading, photography and playing the piano.

Favorite travel destination and why?

My first thought is anywhere with my family. I’m a big family person and as long as I’m with them, I’m happy. As for a specific place, I would say the countryside of France. It’s beautiful and the locals are always nice.

What has been your most enlightening experience in college? What will you take away from your experience?

It’s hard to say one experience was the most enlightening. I would say the last two years as a whole have been really enlightening. They have taught me so much about myself, who I want to be, where I’m going; these last two years have taught me a lot about life in general. It has all been made up of people and circumstances that have that influence and to say it’s only one situation that has been the most enlightening cuts out the rest of the process. I’ll be able to take away everything I’ve learned about myself, the skills that I can use in my job and everyday life, the growth I’ve had in my relationship with Christ, the friendships, everything really. I don’t want to forget where I’ve been after I leave.

Author of the Forget Me Not Trilogy. Drinker of too much coffee. Obsessed with all things French. Owner of pink, sparkly things. In love with Jesus!