Campus Celebrity: Kaitlyn Black

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

Celebrity Kaitlyn Black

While we are all settled into our new homes in greek life, or just our living quarters for the year, another sorority has yet to recruit. Sigma Alpha Omega is kicking off their recruitment Monday, August 25th. Sigma Alpha Omega is a sorority that is all about “Unity in Christ through sisterhood.”  This week’s celebrity is none other than the fabulous president herself: Miss Kaitlyn Black!

In addition to being the President of SAO, Kaitlyn is also an Education major and is in her senior year in the cohort! She’s sweet, trustworthy, and one of the coolest gals I know.

When I asked her about SAO and their special week coming up, Kaitlyn had this to say:

“SAO recruitment is a week of events designed to get better to know each other better. As sisters of SAO, we want to get to know the potential new members through fun, social events that let them see what we’re all about. SAO is a place to grow in your relationship with Christ as you build relationships within a sisterhood through fellowship, service, and accountability.”

So Women of GC, if you are free next week, go on and check out SAO’s recruitment! Info night is Monday! 

(Kaitlyn Black is in the center, surrounded by lovely sisters of SAO. From Left to Right: Brooke Devereux, Abby O’Callaghan, Rachel Potts, Kaitlyn Black, Greer French, Christine Hammond, Autumn Worsham.)

Author of the Forget Me Not Trilogy. Drinker of too much coffee. Obsessed with all things French. Owner of pink, sparkly things. In love with Jesus!