Avery Parker: All Around Cutie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.
1. Year:Junior
2. Major: Mass communication 
3. Career Goal: to “advertise management for a magazine company or PR  for an integrative doctors office.”
4. Why Mass Comm? When she transferred here, she was an education major and did not like it at all. Her friend suggested she switch to mass comm. It was really spur of the moment, with no thought behind it at all. “But that is what I mean by ‘God always has something greater in store for you’ because that has been the best decision I have made, and I LOVE my major.”
5. Clubs and Organizations: SAO, Wesley, intramural sports, Colonnade, WGUR 95.3
6. Hobbies: Running, gym, writing, hiking, kayaking, volleyball, traveling, geocaching, crocheting, learning new fun facts, and watching Ellen.
7. Your Inspiration: “My mom inspires me. She is the strongest woman I know, with the brightest smile.   She has the best attitude in tough situations and is so motivating for me to always be strong.”
8. Favorite Color: She loves neutral earthy colors as well as blue, green, orange and purple.
9. Favorite Book: Favorite book is my Jesus Calling devotional
10. Five Things You Can’t Live Without: “My bible, the people that mean the most to me, coffee, my pup Rowdy, my toothbrush.”
11. Favorite GCSU Memory: When she “[made] the decision to branch out and meet more people by joining SAO.”
12. Favorite Personal Aspect: “I was able to overcome Multiple Sclerosis without taking medication by healing my body with wholesome foods and vitamins.”
13. Something You Want Others To Know About You: “I LOVE making people smile, and meeting new people.”
14. Most Important Lesson Learned at GCSU: “That even when your plans don’t work out, God definitely has something ultimately better in store for you. Even though you may not realize at the time something greater is happening.”
15. Personal Mission Statement: “…We are more than conquerers through him who loved us.” Romans 8:37 
16. Two Things On Your Bucket List:  “Live in a high-rise and go kayaking in Australia, Jamaica or somewhere cool like that!”