This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

Happy fall, everyone! I know that Starbucks and retail stores have been pushing fall on us for a few weeks, but now it’s official. Celebrate the return of pumpkin season with these delicious recipes. There are both sweet and savory dishes, and they’ll warm you up on those crisp autumn days (don’t worry my fellow Georgians, eventually we’ll get some of that fall weather).

1. Pumpkin Bread This is one of my favorite fall recipes. It’s simple to make and so delicious. Bonus: you can eat it for breakfast or dessert! There are many recipes out there for pumpkin bread, but I love this one from Once Upon a Chef.   
  2. Creamy Pumpkin Pasta Put a little fall in your mac and cheese with this decadent recipe from The Kitchn. I honestly can’t think of anything better than pasta, tons of cheese, and some pureed pumpkin combined together.   
  3. Apple Nachos Here’s a no-brainer: apples drizzled and topped with caramel, chocolate, and Heath pieces. This is the perfect healthy dessert from Homemade Hooplah.   
  4. Pumpkin Quesadillas Fall-themed Mexican food? Yes, you can have both in another recipe from The Kitchn. This dish also features a lime-jalapeño yogurt as a topping. If you’re tired of sweet pumpkin dishes, this is a great way to incorporate those fall flavors in a savory way.  
  5. Roasted Chicken With Fall Vegetables This one is for those of you looking to incorporate a lot of colorful veggies into your fall meals. It has a lot of vitamins, fiber, and protein. It’s also super easy, as it can be cooked on a single sheet pan, according to the recipe. This one comes from Damn Delicious.   

​Have fun cooking and eating these amazing fall-themed dishes! They’re definitely more satisfying than a Pumpkin Spice Latte. 

I'm a senior mass communication major at Georgia College & State University. I'm a Disney fan, professional coffee drinker, and pop culture enthusiast. I also love a good '90s rom-com. You can usually find me on Instagram (@tcroeck).