Wanderlust: How to Uproot and Go

Do you ever stare at the birds gliding across the horizon and wish you could get away too? When we plant our seed in a certain place sometimes it feels as if we are rooted into that place forever, but life’s biggest and most obvious secret is that you can uproot and go. Whether it’s forever or just a temporary get-away, there are a great number of ways you can being to quench your wanderlust.

Just like you use music to pump yourself up for a good workout session, here are a few songs that can pump you up for getting away from it all.

1. By Boat

While I’m off chasing my own dreams, or sailing around the world, please know that I’m yours to keep…

“The Girl”— City and Colour

2. By Plane

I’m leaving on a jet plane, don’t know when I’ll be back again…

“Leaving on a Jet Plane”— John Denver

3. By Bus

On the backseat of a Greyhound bus. Heart so full that it could bust. Staring at the rest of her life.

“Back Seat of a Greyhound Bus”— Sara Evans

4. By Train

She took a midnight train going anywhere…

“Don’t Stop Believin'” — Journey

5. By Your Own Two Feet

We live and we learn to take one step at a time. There’s no need to rush, it’s like learning to fly or falling in love.

“One Step at a Time” — Jordin Sparks

It’s never too early nor too late to uproot, even if just for a short while, and get away from what you know. Immerse yourself in other cultures, learn to step out of your comfort zone, and just move. That’s what you want to do. Travel while you’re young.

Cassi is a junior at Florida State University. As an Environmental Studies major, Cassi likes outdoor activities such as biking, hiking, and going to parks. She is part of a community Service Fraternity, Alpha Phi Omega, which has brought her to some very unique and exciting experiences around Tallahassee. From washing dogs to preparing food for the elderly, Cassi loves to help the community out any way that she can. In her free time, Cassi likes to paint, read, take bubble baths, wreck her boyfriend at chess, beat the high score to Mrs. Pac Man at Voodoo Dog, play with her hamsters, or attend concerts. As always, this Seminole bleeds Garnet and Gold! 
Her Campus at Florida State University.