Top 7 Healthy Starbucks Drinks and Hacks

With Summer being only a month away, we’ve come to two realizations. One being “Wait hold on, I need more time to turn into Jen Selter,” and then the imminent doom of final exams. We’ll be heading to get our caffeine fix more than ever in the coming weeks, so why not try to make the habit as healthy as possible to stay on track? First, keep in mind these hacks that could make your usual order healthier, then try some of these drinks one day instead of grabbing that Grande Java Chip Frap (that has 18g of fat and 66g of sugar, woah).

Specify the Kind of Milk

For any drinks with milk, Starbucks will automatically use 2% milk by default. To cut down on fat, try opting for nonfat milk. If you’re watching your dairy intake, try substituting in almond, coconut or soy milk.

Opt for Sugar-Free Syrups

Starbucks offers sugar-free mocha, vanilla and cinnamon dolce syrups. If you’re wanting white mocha syrup, you can always ask for half pump instead of a full one.

Ask for Unsweetened Tea

If you don’t specify for the teas like Passion Tango and Mango Black Lemonade, they always come sweetened. If you want it more sweet, you could ask for sugar-free vanilla syrup or add stevia.

Try the “Skinny” or “Light” Version

Many drinks like the lattes or Frappuccino’s offer this option. Try it out sometime and see if you like it. If you want, try to make your Frappuccino “light” once a week.

Top Healthy Drinks All Under 200 Calories:

Courtesy: Foodspotting

Grande Iced Skinny Caramel Macchiato:

With 150mg caffeine and 10g protein, I was especially excited about this one.

Grande Iced Skinny Latte w/ Pump of SF Vanilla:

A go to latte with 150mg of caffeine.

Grande Unsweetened Passion Tango Tea w/ Coconut Milk w/ Pump of SF Vanilla:

It’s the pretty (purple) drink of this list.

Courtesy: Pinterest

Grande Iced Coffee w/ Nonfat Milk w/ no Sweetener (Add Stevia):

A healthier take on your usual iced coffee with 125mg caffeine. You can also make it with almond, coconut or soy milk (same goes for the other drinks mentioned).

Iced Coconut Milk Chai Tea Latte:

Chai tea mixed with coconut milk sweetened with cane sugar with 95mg of caffeine.

Vanilla Cold Brew with SF Vanilla:

Their cold brew with SF vanilla syrup with 185mg caffeine sure to keep you focused for your study sessions.

Grande Iced Skinny Mocha:

Made with skinny mocha sauce, espresso and non-fat milk served over ice. This drink also has a great dose of caffeine with 150mg total.

Happy studying!

Natalie is a Junior at Florida State University majoring in Food and Nutrition Science. She has always had an interest in writing and wants to use it as a means of educating people on their nutrition, and their physical and mental health. She is an avid procrastinator and a coffee mug hoarder. Besides science and health education, her loves include Colombian food, The Office, and corgis. Feel free to check her out on instagram: @natalieduranduran 
Her Campus at Florida State University.