Tallahassee’s Eclectic Sweet Shop

Located right on Florida State University’s campus, the Sweet Shop offers a wide variety of flavorful coffees, teas, snacks, smoothies and even milkshakes! The Sweet Shop has been home to FSU since 1921 and is the only remaining iconic “malt shop” left on the University perimeter. When you walk inside the shop, relaxing music graces your ears. Inside the shop are thousands of signatures on the walls of alumnae and current students. The baristas are super chill and the couches will make you want to take a quick nap before that two-hour lecture. Located on 701 W. Jefferson Street, be sure to check out what everyone has been talking about. 

The Sweet Shop. Open 7 days a week from 7:00 A.M.- 11:00 P.M.

The legendary comfy couches right in front of the coffee station.

The Ordering Station. 

The Sweet Shop’s historic wall located next to the barista station. This wall has hundreds of signatures from previous and current students. 

The front porch where students can sip on their coffee. In the 1940s, the Blount’s added the porch to expand seating to guests. 

Maria Silva and Marissa Mule studying for their tests at the seating area. The tables are huge so don’t fret about not having enough space to do homework. 

Another seating area for students to study. 

Anjelica MacGregor attends Florida State University as a Junior studying English: Editing, Writing & Media. She is a notable writer who loves writing about everyday life. When she is not writing about the latest trends, she can be found soaking in the sun or breaking a sweat at the local gym. 
Her Campus at Florida State University.