From Tallahassee to Gulf Shores: 11 Music Events You Don’t Want to Miss

Living in Tallahassee, it may sometimes feel like music events come few and far between – that is, unless you’re a die-hard country music fan. Don’t get me wrong, we’ve definitely had some well-known artists come through like J. Cole at Pots last summer, Cherub at The Moon, and everyone’s personal favorite, Chance the Rapper at the Civic Center. However, for fellow music junkies like myself, we always want a little more. Thankfully for us, big music events are coming to the sunshine state and neighboring cities. So, clear your calendars for the next couple of months and check out this list of upcoming shows and festivals you don’t want to miss.

March 7: Techyes – Locals Only

Just because Okeechobee ended this weekend, doesn’t mean the festival vibes have to stop there. Join your favorite local Tally DJ’s like Hollywoods, Evaluation & Belles, and CapiChino for a night of good vibes and good music at Standard this Wednesday.

Courtesy: Facebook

March 9: Brad Paisley – Weekend Warrior Tour

For those country music lovers – yes, you know who you are – Tally has got a country superstar coming to town this week. With special guests, Dustin Lynch and Chase Bryant, Brad Paisley, is bring his Weekend Warrior Tour to none other than the Civic Center this Friday. Ranging anywhere from $15.99 to $79.99 tickets are still available online here for a show you don’t want to miss.

March 23, 24, 25: Ultra Music Festival

If spring break wasn’t enough wilding out for, head down to Miami for an EDM lover’s dream. From well-known headliners like Marshmello, Flosstradamus, DJ Snake, and, my personal favorite, RL Grime, to support like Jauz and San Holo, Ultra is bringing the best of the best for their 20-year anniversary making it the EDM event of the year.

April 11, 12: Lorde – Melodrama World Tour  

For major Lorde fans like myself, I think it’s safe to say her debut album, Pure Heroine, changed lives and having to wait for her second album seemed like it was a long, far away dream that would never happen. However, last summer, four years after the success of her first album, Lorde gave us Melodrama which was everything we could’ve ever wanted and more. Luckily for us, the popstar is making two stops in Florida, one on April 11 at the Amalie Arena in Tampa, FL and the next on April 12 at the AmericanAirlines Arena in Miami, FL. Coming from someone who has seen Lorde live before, you’d be crazy to not see her live. But don’t take my word for it. After all, Lorde said it best when she tweeted, “IF YOU’RE DEBATING WHETHER OR NOT I CAN MURDER A STAGE… COME SEE IT FOR URSELF.”

Courtesy: Amalie Arena

April 13: Lil Uzi Vert and Young Thug

After the disappoint we had of Solange flaking on us for homecoming, Tallahassee was saved with the announcement that Lil Uzi Vert was coming to the Civic Center. Bringing well-known rapper Young Thug with him, the show will definitely be the event of the semester.

April 19: GoldLink

If you don’t know who GoldLink is, you probably should. The American rapper, real name DeAnthony Carlos, is climbing his way up in the charts. With his lead single, “Crew”, peaking at number 45 on the US Billboard Hot 100 Chart, from his debut album, At What Cost, GoldLink is making waves in the music industry. With tickets being only $20, be sure to catch this talented, young rapper at Pots April 19!

May 10: Post Malone with 21 Savage

Post Malone AND 21 Savage? Say no more. If you can’t get enough of hearing “rockstar” anywhere out in Tally, be sure to catch the dynamic duo in Jacksonville at Daily’s Place May 10 for a show that we’re sure will be one to remember. 

May 11-13: Rolling Loud

J. Cole, Travis Scott, and Future – these are just some of the big-name headliners Rolling Loud is bringing this year to the three-day music event. After the success of the first installment of Rolling Loud in Miami, the hip-hop festival is back with a new location in Miami Gardens at the Hard Rock Stadium. The event is all ages and tickets are going quick, so be sure to get yours soon!

Courtesy: Front Gate Tickets

May 18-20: Hangout Fest

Summer is all about music festivals, and Hangout Fest is just one the best festivals for all your summer feels. Located in Gulf Shores, AL, the music festival is bringing major artists like Halsey, The Chainsmokers, Kendrick Lamar, SZA, and everyone’s favorite The Killers. Tickets go quickly, so be sure to get yours soon and enjoy all your favorite artists by the beach!

May 23: Kendrick Lamar with SZA & Schoolboy

Whether you know him as K-Dot, King Kunta, Kung Fu Kenny, or just Kendrick, the big-time rapper is making his way down to the sunshine state to the Coral Sky Amphitheatre in West Palm with two very special guests, SZA and Schoolboy. Make sure to get your tickets soon for a night with some of the best artists in the game right now.

July 24, 25, 26: Glass Animals

Everyone’s favorite English indie rock band from Oxford is going on tour! Not only are they stopping close to Tally at The RITZ Ybor in Tampa, FL on July 24, but Glass Animals are making two more stops in Florida, with one being July 25 at The Fillmore Miami Beach and the second July 26 at the House of Blue Orlando.

Her Campus at Florida State University.