Philanthropic And PanHellenic: Meet Campus Cutie Megan Federico

Her Campus (HC): Give us a little background on yourself.

Megan Federico (MF): My name is Megan and I’m from Jacksonville, Florida.  My family is still there and they’re the best, and I miss them every day—we’re really close. I’m currently a sophomore studying Marketing and Hospitality, and although I’m not really sure what I want to do for a living, I do know that I love being around and helping people!HC: What volunteer work do you do?

MF: I really love being involved and sometimes I take on too many things. I’m in a program called Service Scholars. Through my affiliation with Service Scholars, I began to get involved with working with young adults with disabilities. I’m on the E-board for Special Olympics and I’m getting involved with our fall sports, especially bowling! I’m also a Community Outreach Facilitator for Challenger Swim, where we go out to swim practices for young adults with disabilities and cheer them on. Many of them are way better swimmers than I’ve ever seen! The athletes just make you feel so welcomed and appreciated that you always leave excited to go back.

HC: Besides volunteer work, what other organizations are you a part of?

MF: I’m a sister of Sigma Delta Tau, and I’ve met some really fabulous girls through my affiliation with Greek Life. I think it’s a really awesome way to further connect within FSU. What I’m most excited for about this year is being an RA. Our residents are incredible and I’m so excited watching them get involved and fall in love with FSU, and my staff is just the most wonderful group of people you could ever meet.

HC: What do you like to do in your free time?

MF: I think my favorite thing to do in my “free” time is really to just hang out with all of the amazing friends I’ve made here at FSU and catch up with people at home. Beyond that, I really like to nap. I think my favorite place to go though, especially to relax, is the Damayan Garden Lichgate site, because it’s just this big open area with a huge oak tree—it’s just really beautiful and there aren’t usually very many people there.

HC: Describe your perfect date.

MF: Probably just anything where we’re doing something fun and can talk and make jokes! But perfect specifically? I really like the beach, and good food, so some kind of combination of those things would be A+.

HC: On the other hand, what was your worst date ever?

MF: In general, that would just probably be any date that was awkward and just didn’t feel like we were hanging out and getting to know one another better. Dates and relationships shouldn’t be forced, so if it doesn’t feel natural, they’re probably not someone you should be on a date with.

HC: What does Tallahassee mean to you?

MF: Tallahassee is an incredible place full of opportunities to make new friends and get involved. FSU is absolutely the greatest university, and I feel so blessed to be a part of such a friendly community of people that want to make the world a better place.

HC: What are you going to miss most when you graduate?

MF: Well, thankfully, I have two and half years left, so I’m sure some of the things I’ll miss most I haven’t even experienced yet. I know that I’ll miss the incredible friends I’m making though, as we go off into the world to become “real” adults. I’ll definitely miss how close everything that I’m involved is to where I’m living, and how easy it is to get to everything. I just think we have a really great setup here, both with school spirit and involvement, and I think I’ll probably miss everything about college, but have to accept the change that comes with graduation.

HC: Do you plan on leaving Tallahassee? If yes, where do you think you’ll go?

MF: Hopefully when I graduate, I’ll be headed to a job that I’ve already accepted, most likely not in Tallahassee. I’d be happy to go back to Jacksonville, or at least to stay in Florida, but you never really know what will happen.

HC: If you could teleport anywhere at any time, where would you go and what would you do?

MF: Oh goodness! I’d probably go to Europe and travel all over—I’m not very well traveled and I would love to experience all that Europe has to offer. The general goal in the next year or two is to study abroad in Valencia, so hopefully in some capacity.

HC: Favorite Netflix show?

MF: I haven’t been on Netflix that often recently, but they finally uploaded Criminal Minds, which I absolutely love, so I’ve been watching that and getting distracted from homework a little!

Cassi is a junior at Florida State University. As an Environmental Studies major, Cassi likes outdoor activities such as biking, hiking, and going to parks. She is part of a community Service Fraternity, Alpha Phi Omega, which has brought her to some very unique and exciting experiences around Tallahassee. From washing dogs to preparing food for the elderly, Cassi loves to help the community out any way that she can. In her free time, Cassi likes to paint, read, take bubble baths, wreck her boyfriend at chess, beat the high score to Mrs. Pac Man at Voodoo Dog, play with her hamsters, or attend concerts. As always, this Seminole bleeds Garnet and Gold! 
Her Campus at Florida State University.