courtney cook uoHvtkDcH8M unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
courtney cook uoHvtkDcH8M unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Our Favorite Girl Next Door is Back on the Small Screen

It’s been recently announced that she’s back! Heartthrob Rachel Green is back on television, people. We all know and love her, especially Ross, and after taking a little vacation from TV (14 years to be exact) our beloved actress, Jennifer Aniston, has just announced that she will be joined her long-time friend, Reese Witherspoon, in a new television series funded by Apple. The dynamic duo will also be producing the series, which is supposedly focused on TV morning shows, honing in on the people who are responsible for waking up America. Morning time TV is so ingrained in our daily routine and it is responsible for informing the country about what is happening when you wake up. Since there are many different morning shows, the competition to deliver the best and most relevant content must be stressful, especially since these two Hollywood stars are making a series based on this. They will receive help from Jay Carson, a producer of House of Cards, who will write the pilot and also act as a co-producer with the two women.

You know as well as I do that Reese and Jennifer go way back, being sisters on the hit 90’s series, Friends. Their careers have mainly been focused toward acting in movies, with the exception of Aniston in Friends. We fell in love with Witherspoon’s sass and charm in Legally Blonde and admired her dedication in her latest movie, Wild. Given her ability to completely change her acting style in different movies shows her flexibility and talent as a notable actress. With her new HBO show, Big Little Lies and this brand new project of hers, Witherspoon isn’t leaving the Hollywood scene anytime soon.

Courtesy: Giphy

Aniston, having a similar acting background, is thankfully returning to television after years spent focusing on movies. In the release of Friends in the 90s, I think that America completely fell in love with her; her humor, attitude and style. Not forgetting that she has been listed as one of America’s most beautiful women in many magazines, she has probably stolen all of our hearts in everything that she has been in. Her most notable movies, We’re the Millers, Marley and Me, and Just Go With It, shows a different side of Aniston as she stars as a stripper, wife, and an office manager.

This new TV show will hopefully be a hit since it involves two of our favorite actresses. Apple is funding the project, which is a big step for the company. There aren’t a lot of details about the show yet like the title because it is fairly new, but the fame of the producers will be very beneficial to Apple. We also aren’t sure yet what date it will be released, besides the fact that it will debut in 2018, or where the show will be accessible, whether it be iTunes, HBO, or Netflix. But, make sure to keep your eyes and ears open for more information, you won’t want to miss out on this!

As a rising senior at Florida State University, Jenna loves to play Ultimate Frisbee, write, run, read, edit and everything in between. She is a current Lifestyle intern at Her Campus in Boston and is currently discovering the city girl she never knew she was. She is so open to new people and experiences and is excited to see what the world has to offer. Also, dogs. 
Her Campus at Florida State University.