Oishii Bento is Changing the Fast Casual Food Industry

Tallahassee is home to numerous fast-casual restaurants, but hardly any that are Asian-inspired. Recently, that has changed. Opening on January 18, 2016, Oishii Bento has already managed to set the scene for fast-casual Asian-inspired cuisine. With its extremely diverse (and quite extensive) menu, it is impossible to not get exactly what you want to curb your Asian-inspired food craving.

I had the pleasure of sitting down and speaking with Sarah Kim, the manager of this Oishii Bento location. Upon arriving, Kim and her team greeted me with nothing but enthusiasm. Each team member was fully knowledgeable of every sushi roll on the menu—and, let me be the first to tell you, there is A LOT of sushi on this menu. I couldn’t decide what I wanted, as everything sounded so delicious. Kim and her team were more than willing to offer suggestions to me (delicious suggestions if I might add). The food was brought directly to my table and was presented in such a beautiful manner. While sitting and enjoying my food, I was asked several times if I needed anything else to help satisfy my experience. Kim informed me how customer service comes first for her, and this definitely shined through.

As already mentioned, Oishii Bento has a considerably disparate menu. They offer two entire pages of different sushi rolls, both traditional and unique to Oishii Bento, along with two full pages of Pan Asian items, soup and side items, boba tea options and even a kids menu! Their diversity is definitely one for the books—they give you the option to deep fry any sushi roll, substitute the white rice for brown, and even offer Natsu rolls, or rolls wrapped in lettuce and thin rice paper versus the traditional white rice and seaweed (all for only an additional $1.00).

Rolls: Godzilla, Fire, Oishii

Courtesy: Hannah Edelman

Boba Milk Tea: Strawberry, Mango, Coconut

Courtesy: Hannah Edelman

Want to know the best part of Oishii Bento? Their prices. Being located in a college town, they nailed the price points. You are able to get an entire Bento Box, which consists of a Pan Asian dish of your choice, ginger salad, white rice, string beans, lo mein noodle and desert for $8.95 to $9.75 (depending on your choice of meat). You can also chose any of these Pan Asian dishes to be served in noodle bowls or as a rice plate, all ranging from $7.25 to $9.25. Not only are their prices at a great rate, but they also have daily Happy Hour specials—three delicious sushi rolls for the price of two? Yes please. Have no fear you broke college students, Oishii Bento definitely falls into your price range, all while fulfilling your Pan Asian and Sushi cravings. The atmosphere was like none other—the music, the smiles, the food; everything was spectacular! And for crying out loud, Oishii Bento directly translates to “delicious lunchbox”—how could you not enjoy a restaurant with such a name?

Courtesy: Hannah Edelman

Address: 218 S Magnolia St., Suite B, Tallahassee, FL 32301

Phone Number: (850) 765-4429

Website: oishiibentosushi.com

Courtesy: Hannah Edelman

Senior at the beautiful Florida State University. Creative writing major, entrepreneurship minor. Health enthusiast. Rap music aficionado. Find me (on my cheat days) at Yogurt Mountain rapping Migos.
Her Campus at Florida State University.