Meet the Her Campus FSU Team!

Hi All! I’m proud to introduce the amazing HC FSU Team, who’ve been working hard to bring you great articles to FSU’s campus!

Dyana Applebaum
My name is Dyana Applebaum. I am a Junior at Florida State majoring in Retail Merchandising and Product Development with a minor in Communications. I am the President of Fashion Incorporated at Florida State, and absolutely love it! My goal in life is to have a wonderful job for a retail company working in Public Relations or Marketing/Advertising. I am a major fan of  sports and the arts whether it be Fashion, Music, or Art itself. I believe that life is meant to be lived one day at a time and every moment be appreciated. I am in love with the ocean and going to the beach, especially since I am from South Florida (Delray Beach). Go Noles!

Lisa Denmark
My name is Lisa Denmark. I am sophomore from Jacksonville, FL and a born and raised Noles girl. I am double majoring in Fashion Merchandising and Public Relations and a minor in International Affairs. My life long dream for years has been to own my clothing label and work internationally with designers. Aside from school, I intern for Hayley Lauren Couture, I am the events coordinator for Fashion Incorporated (FSU organization), and co editor-in-chief for Incology, Fashion Inc.’s blog. I am also a free lance writer for my own blog called bcauseimasian.blogspot.com. My favorite designers are Karl Lagerfeld and Alber Elbaz for Lavin. The one fashion magazine I can’t live without is WWD. I am one giggly, bubbly Asian girl!

Megan Elliott
I’m Megan Elliott and I am a senior majoring in Editing, Writing, and Media, and International Affairs. After graduation, I plan to go to Grad School for Communications to further my education. I love to write, but I am also interested in advertising and public relations. I’m from Alabama, but I hate cold weather, so I’ve decided it’s either South Florida or Southern California for me. I love fashion, but can’t always get the designer pieces I want, so I’m all about finding a deal and being creative. Don’t worry, I’ll let you in on my secrets :) 

Selena Fogel
Hi, my name is Selena Fogel. I am a senior at Florida State University aka the best place on earth. I am originally from Fort Lauderdale, Florida. My major is Writing, Editing and Media with a minor in Communications. I’ve held several leadership positions on campus with organizations such as C.H.I.C.S@ FSU (Caring and Helping in Community Service) and Homecoming. I love being involved at Florida State and after interning for a magazine in Fort Lauderdale, Her Campus felt like the perfect way to end my college career.  I love my family, friends, fashion, art, music and sports. Classic Rock and the artist Norman Rockwell are among my favorites. In the future I hope to receive my master’s degree in a specialized field of communications, continuing to work for an occupation that incorporates the arts and a passion for giving back!

Andrea Guzman
I am a senior majoring in Literature and Communications.  I plan on getting my master’s degree in Communication to learn more about the many fields.  I am free spirited and very open minded.  I tend to say what I think without filtering it first, but hey, honesty is the best policy.  I love to meet new people and I think that it is important to try to make someone’s day brighter.  I hope I can brighten your day through one of my articles.

Kristen Kemp
Hi there, I’m Kristen Kemp. I am a freshman majoring in Media Production with a minor in History. I am from the oldest city in America, wonderful St. Augustine, Florida. I have played soccer for over 14 years and was a State Champion in high school. I love meeting new people, going to the beach, visiting historical places, traveling, and watching movies! I hope to either anchor or produce NBC’s Today show one day, or branch off into acting. I love fashion and reading magazines, especially People StyleWatch and Marie Claire. My favorite designers are Louis Vuitton, J.Crew, and American Eagle. I am obsessed with everything British, I have been to England twice. My favorite movie is Pirates of the Caribbean. My celebrity crushes are Johnny Depp, Robert Downey Jr. and yes…Taylor Lautner. I own two of the sweetest kittens ever, Miss Piggy and Peanut. I am looking forward to the success of HerCampus at FSU! Go Noles!

Mary Kitts
Hi, I’m Mary Kitts, and I am a sophomore majoring in Editing, Writing and Media, with a minor in Communications. I am originally from Panama City, Florida, where I played softball for almost fourteen years. I love to read, listen to music and watch movies. My dream job would be to travel and write for Rolling Stone, but I would be content to simply just write.

Jena LaMendola
My name is Jena LaMendola. I am a junior at FSU and HerCampus’ Feature Writer Leader. I am originally from Manhattan, New York and grew up in Boca Raton Florida. My major is editing, writing and media and I am pursuing a minor in communications and italian. I want to work in public relations as a career and plan to enter grad school after I graduate. I am also a part of CMA and help write and edit for Clutch magazine. I also work on CMA’s public relations staff. Currently I am starting a public relations internship at Divas and Devils House of Style. I am a girly girl at heart and love everything about fashion. My mother sells jewelry so I am accessory obsessed. More of my writing can be found on my website http://www.wix.com/jenaarielle/jenaalamendola or you can check out my blog http://themysticalmind.tumblr.com. During my free time I love to paint and I am a huge movie buff. I hope you enjoy my work you see on Her Campus!

Caitlin McConnell
Hi I’m Caitlin McConnell. I’m a Merchandising major from Tampa, FL. My life would be nothing without music & fashion & good friends. I truly believe that a good magazine & The Beatles Pandora station can clear up any grey sky. I have a sick addiction to online shopping and am completely obsessed with my little yorkie, Bailey. I am so excited for HerCampus has come to FSU!

Jessica Militare
Jessica Militare is a sophomore at Florida State University, pursuing a double major in Communications-Media Studies and Editing, Writing, and Media. She is a Staff Writer for the Arts & Life section of the FSView, the school’s independent student-run newspaper, and has recently got involved with Clutch Magazine, the campus’s first fashion publication. This past summer, she interned for Ocean Drive Magazine in Miami, Florida, which exposed her to the luxurious side of her hometown, and further confirmed her love for the “Magic City.” In her spare time, she loves to look for writing opportunities, explore Tallahassee, and try new recipes with her expert cook roommate. She hopes to pursue a career in magazine journalism, with the goal of becoming an editor-in-chief.

Colleen Mitchell
I am a sophomore in the Retail Merchandising and Product Development major.  I left my home state, Virginia, to come to the wonderful Florida State.  Unfortunately, I have not been experiencing the year round warm weather I expected in Tallahassee, but I still love it.  I am the photography director for Clutch magazine, the on campus print magazine.  Some of my favorite designers are John Galliano, Moschino, and Miu Miu.  My favorite fashion magazine is Nylon.  In the future, my goal is to work in Public Relations in Tokyo, focusing on harajuku, lolita, Japanese goth, and kei fashion.  I am very excited about HerCampus at FSU!

Dani Most
Hi! I’m Dani. I’m in the Editing, Writing, & Media major and I’m from Aventura, Florida. I’m not sure what I want to do with my major, but probably something to do with magazine editing or public relations. I love my family, friends, music, and being at the beach. My favorite movie ever is The Little Mermaid and I’m so excited about Her Campus at Florida State!

Chelsey Peppe
Hey guys! My name is Chelsey Peppe, I’m a junior Editing, Writing and Media major and a Communications minor here at Florida State. My ultimate goal is to work as a Fashion Market Editor at a high fashion magazine, but until then I’m enjoying my time here at FSU! I love sports and am constantly keeping myself updated on the going-ons in Hollywood through some of my favorite online blogs and magazines. I love to travel and immerse myself in culture and art, and I hope to bring some of this to all of the Her Campus readers!

Shari Roach
Shari Roach is sophomore at Florida State University pursuing a degree in Editing, Writing and Media. Starting off as a Creative Writing major, she has a strong passion for the written word and would one day like to be a successful novelist, along with work for a magazine or newspaper. Her journey at Florida State has been one that she never expected. Moving from Winter Garden, Florida without one ally by her side, she never thought that a school could become such a home, presenting some of the best people, classes, and teachers she could ever hope to encounter. In her free time you are likely to find her in heaven, a.k.a. Taco Bell. And, if you buy her a burrito, she might just marry you.

Lauren Rushing
Hi! My name is Lauren Rushing and I’m a sophomore here at FSU. I’m from Jacksonville, Florida and I am double majoring in Editing, Writing and Media and Environmental Science and Policy. I’m not sure exactly what I want to do with my degrees but I’m thinking of becoming environmental journalist. I love to travel and am hoping to go to Europe this summer!

Danielle Sanchez
I am a junior majoring in both “Retail Merchandising and Product Development” and “Editing, Writing, and Media.” My personal descriptive quote would be that “I take laughing very seriously.” My friends call me Sancho and my favorite color is burnt orange. I have a deep interest in fashion, music, and cinema. I talk about those interests on my blog at sassysancho.wordpress.com. I am a Fall 2010 contributing writer for FSU’s Her Campus and the Spring 2011 Vice President and Copy Editor of FSU’s Her Campus. Lastly, I love puns…I just can’t escape them.

Ilana Weinstein
My name is Ilana Weinstein and I am a freshman from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. I am majoring in public relations, but still trying to decide on a minor. Ultimately, I want to live and work in New York City for either a fashion magazine or a record label. I have a passion for acting and music, but I also find writing to be very rewarding and enjoyable. My favorite band is The Rocket Summer and I’ve been to over 20 concerts…including one in London, England. I am absolutely obsessed with owls and anything that sparkles. I really want to travel and see a lot more of the world, and I hope to start by studying abroad during one of my future semesters.

Katy Williamson
Hey, I’m Katy Williamson and I’m a Junior majoring in Editing, Writing, and Media with a minor in Film. At this point I’m still not sure whether I want to go to Grad school, but if I do I’d like to go for either Communication or Film. I’m also involved in the Student Life Cinema here on campus, where I both work and hold the position of Membership Chair for the Film Committee, which selects all the films shown in the theatre and programs most of the events in the Askew Student Life Center. I was born and raised in Tampa, Florida and although I love it there, I quite enjoy the change in seasons and cold weather up here, partly because I love layering different pieces and not having to worry about being sweaty when I get to class.

Katie Wukotich
Is a 21 yr old Senior at Florida State University majoring in Editing, Writing, and Media, and a minor in Communications. She also studied interior design and creative writing at Florida State and head editor of her high school yearbook. She will be graduating next December and hopes to achieve a career in text/graphic media. Enjoys writing in all forms (except research papers), but especially articles. She has a love for word’s persuasiveness and graphic design. Above all things, she loves the beach, friends and family, God, and the four years here at Florida State that have made her the person she wants to be!

Viviana Victoria is a sophomore at the Florida State University, class of 2013, double majoring in Retail Merchandising & Product Development and the new English track offered at FSU, editing, writing, and media. Born and raised in West Palm Beach, Florida, moving up to Tallahassee was quite a change. During her first year in college, after changing her major three times, she was fortunate enough to discover her passion for writing this early on. Her goal is to write for a major fashion magazine or to be a screenplay writer in the future. She is an active member of the Collegiate Merchandising Association (CMA) at FSU, as well as a contributing writer of College Magazine, an advice publication for college students founded by a graduate student of Maryland. Some of her interests include playing sports, reading, working out, and basically having a good time. Her ultimate life goal is to touch lives and to be remembered as the girl who always made people smile regardless of what was thrown her way.