Meet FSU’s Newest Dining Option: The Community Table

Florida State students have witnessed a significant improvement in the quality and likability of on-campus dining ever since the university switched to Sodexo earlier this year. With this transition came a whole movement titled “FSUnique” which brought with it some impressive upgrades and additions to how students satisfy their hunger.

Courtesy: Seminole Dining

Most notably among the “FSUnique” trend is the newest dining facility, 1851, which debuted at the start of the fall semester and has already become a popular choice for more than just students. Following this trend of exclusive on-campus eateries is The Community Table, which is set to open September 26.

Both of these dining options were built off of FSU’s goal to be the leader in a new trend of college dining which offers diverse menu items featuring healthy and sustainably sourced ingredients. With the help of celebrity Chef Art Smith serving as the campus Culinary Ambassador, FSU is well on its way to achieving success in on-campus food service.

Celebrity Chef Art Smith

Courtesy: Florida State University News

With the opening of The Community Table comes a place truly unique to campus. It is one of the only full-service restaurants available to students while also offering quick service takeout for those in a rush. This factor makes it a diverse and distinctive choice for lunch, dinner, or just a quick bite between classes.

The Community Table is located in the Oglesby Union, surrounded by several other campus staples such as Seminole Pies and La Cocina. It stands apart from the rest with its locally sourced bar menu as well as seasonal picks from the exclusive Chef created menu. The fish featured on the menu is also all sourced directly from the gulf. The Community Table markets itself as more than just a place for eating, but rather a “new gathering place on campus to rival Landis Green and the Fountain.”

The menu has something for everyone—large shareable appetizers, elaborate desserts, and a variety of entrees. Pick up your very own personal pizza, eat a full plate of shrimp and grits with a choice of two sides to match, or share a bite of jumbo wings tossed in your choice of sauce with friends.

The prices also remain on the conservative side for college kids on a budget, but simultaneously provide students with healthy, well-rounded choices which save them from resorting to the cheap route of fast food runs on the daily. Healthy options on the menu include grilled veggie wraps, soups and salads, hummus, and a citrus glazed chicken with spinach.Of course, if you’re ever in the mood for some classic junk food, the menu is stocked with options such as hand-dipped chicken tenders, nachos, burgers, and an indulgent skillet brownie with ice cream for dessert. Whether it’s a date night, a quick eat in between classes, or a post-study meal with friends, The Community Table is sure to be a unique go-to place for students on campus.

Hours of operation are 10:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. (Monday-Thursday), 10:30 a.m. to midnight (Friday), and Noon to 10 p.m. (Saturday & Sunday).

You can find the full menu online here, and visit The Community Table in the Union once it opens on Sept. 26!

Her Campus at Florida State University.