woman taking pictures near handrail
woman taking pictures near handrail
Tamara Bellis/Unsplash

Meet “Beyoncé Girl,” Made Famous from the FSU Snapchat Story

Name: Madeline Bryant

Year: Freshman

Major: Child Development

Hometown: Jacksonville, Fla.

Age: 19

Meet Madeline Bryant, aka FSU’s newest viral hit, Beyoncé girl. She became known for a video that is a clip from the FSU campus story that featured Bryant and Aidan Faminoff (Beyoncé boy) attempting to find each other through Snapchat. The Snapchat story was shared on multiple social media platforms, launching the two students into viral fame. We sat down with Bryant to hear about her new life as Beyoncé girl.

Her Campus (HC): So, what made you want to respond to Beyoncé boy?

Madeline Bryant (MB): Well, I saw him and he was very cute to me, and my mom has jokingly said I need to get out there more so I thought, “why not?”

HC: What was it like to finally meet him?

MB: It was such a relief! I had been searching all day and Aidan was the sweetest! We joked a lot about the whole thing and are still talking about all of the craziness that has transpired.

Courtesy: Giphy

HC: How has this new fame affected your life at FSU? Do you get recognized often?

MB: It’s been a whirlwind for sure, I’ve gotten recognized by people both on and off campus, and people always tell me how the story made them smile, which is a really nice thing to say.

HC: Congratulations, I saw that the clip made it onto Good Morning America! What was that like for you?

MB: Thank you! It was very surreal to me, which is how I’d describe the whole experience. It seemed like it was dying down on Twitter when it was shared by them, with many other social media pages to follow.

HC: What is one takeaway you have from this experience?

MB: Taking leaps of faith can end up leading you to awesome experiences!

HC: What were your close friends and family’s reactions?

MB: My close friends and family have for the most part been amused by the situation

HC: Can you walk me through that day and the search for Beyoncé boy?

MB: Sure! So, I was watching the FSU story Monday morning, like I do basically every morning, and I saw Aidan and thought he was really cute, so I took a video and submitted it to the story. I saw as I walked to class that my snap had been posted, but assumed that was the end of that because I’ve seen many people try to hit up students on the story with no success. Around 3:00 p.m., my friend sent me the Snap from the story and told me to go find him and I honestly freaked out because I wasn’t expecting that to happen. He said he was at Moore and I’m a freshman, so I assumed he meant Moore Auditorium in the union. I searched there for about an hour without success, but then my friend who was walking around with me figured out via Google that there was a Moore Center in the stadium. I had been posting on the story very frequently and since I hadn’t gotten a response from him I decided that I would wait for him to say something and get Chick-fil-A, which is where I was stopped and recognized for the first time. My friends and I ate dinner and went back to her room, where I discovered that people had become invested in the story, and where I explained that I didn’t think I was going to find him. Then, at about 5:45 p.m., Aidan responded and told me to come to the stadium. By the time I got to the stadium, my phone had died, so I began asking people for chargers or to see their Snapchat in case Aidan had responded. I told one girl that I was looking for Beyoncé boy, and suddenly I heard “Beyoncé girl?” from above me, and it was Aidan!

Media/Communications and Editing, Writing and Media major at FSU.