Name: Ashley Thiel

Hometown: Daytona Beach, FL

Year: Sophomore

Major: Communication Sciences and Disorders/Spanish

HC (Her Campus): First of all, happy belated 20th birthday! How did you celebrate your official graduation from the teens?

AT (Ashley Thiel): I went out with friends, and we all had dinner at Olive Garden. We’re probably going to have a party at my friend’s place tonight!

HC: Do you know what you’re doing for Halloween?

AT: I’m thinking about checking out the haunted house on Gaines Street. I’m pretty sure there’s also going to be a T-Pain concert at The Side Bar Theatre – I’d really like to go to that.

HC: What music are you listening to right now?

AT: I listen to a lot of rap. Kid Cudi is my favorite.

HC: What do you like to do to relax after school?

AT: I like to hang out with friends. Also taking naps and watching Netflix.

HC: What are you watching on Netflix?

AT: I love Grey’s Anatomy, always. And the Vampire Diaries, Orange is the New Black, and Once Upon a Time.

HC: I heard you love coffee. What’s your favorite place to get your caffeine fix? Is there a specific coffee that you usually get there?

AT: Definitely Atomic Coffee. I usually get the iced Girl Scout Cookie Latte, which is chocolate and peppermint.

HC: What’s your favorite food?

AT: Spaghetti. Easy to make and tastes delicious.

HC: What are some of your favorite things to do in or around campus?

AT: I like going to Market Wednesdays. Clubs are always fun. I’m involved in Chi Alpha and also NSSLHA (National Student Speech Language and Hearing Association).

HC: What are you currently doing in your major?

AT: I’m just taking intro classes at the moment in Communication Sciences and Disorders, and I’m also working in a research lab. In Spanish I’m taking Advanced Grammar and Composition.

HC: What are your plans for next semester?

AT: I’m studying abroad in Valencia! When I was 15 I was an exchange student in Argentina for year, and I went into it knowing almost no Spanish, but when it was done I was almost fluent and I was in love with the language and the culture. It was so great that I decided I want to go to Spain next semester. Hopefully I’ll do some backpacking there too!

Her Campus at Florida State University.