Lil Uzi Vert Is Coming to FSU and Everyone Is Freaking Out

First, Brad Paisley. Then, Goldlink. Now, Lil Uzi Vert. It seems like March and April have been blessed with nothing but back to back performances by some of the music industry’s coolest artists. On April 13, the “Now I Do What I Want” rapper known as Lil Uzi Vert will be making his way to Tallahassee and into the Donald L. Tucker Civic Center to perform live with special guests Young Thug, YBN Nahmir and City Girls. 

Courtesy: The Fix

Lil Uzi Vert, whose real name is Symere Woods, first gained mainstream popularity after the release of his debut single, “Money Longer” in 2016. In 2017, he then went on to collaborate with Migos on a single known as “Bad and Boujee,” which would become Lil Uzi Vert’s very first US Billboard Hot 100 number one single. Lil Uzi Vert released Love is Rage 2, his debut studio album, in August of 2017, which became a hit and took the number one spot on the Billboard 200 Albums Chart.

Lil Uzi Vert’s rap style has oftentimes been compared to the genre of rock and many have even labeled him as an emo rapper. He cites Marilyn Manson, Hayley Williams from Paramore and rappers À$AP Rocky, Pharrell Williams, Kanye West, Lil Wayne and Young Thug as musicians who have influenced his music. Various magazines have called the 23-year-old rapper “articulately charismatic,” “a natural entertainer,” and “one of those names to pay close attention to.”

Hip-hop has undergone a drastic change since the 1990s. Gone are the days of hardcore street rap as we have now entered a time where hip-hop has been heavily influenced by other music genres. While many people believe that this has ruined hip-hop, others believe that it was time for a change.

Whether you’re here for this new era of hip-hop or not, you can’t deny the fact that Lil Uzi Vert is talented. His sense of fashion and his style of music makes him one of the most unique rappers of our time. So, purchase your ticket here and appreciate the new era of hip-hop. The concert will take place on Friday, April 13, at 8:00 p.m. at the Donald L. Tucker Civic Center. You won’t want to miss this one.

A senior attending Florida State. Double majoring in English and French. 
Her Campus at Florida State University.