Name: Laine Kisiel

Year: Senior

Hometown: Orlando, Florida

Relationship Status: In a relationship

Major: Media Communication Studies

HC: Are you in a sorority? If so, which one?

LK: Yep, I’m a Delta Zeta!

HC: Do you hold any executive positions with your sorority?

LK: I do! I am the Vice President of New Member Education.

HC: What was one of the most challenging aspects of your position? How do you make it fun for everyone, including yourself?

LK: The most challenging part of my position is wrangling 80+ new members while also communicating effectively with our Initiated sisters, National Headquarters, advisors, and parents (that is a lot of emails if you are doing the math). I try to make it fun by incorporating games and ~leadership building activities~ into our meetings, I also planned a pretty sick retreat (I think) where we went to the FSU Rez and then rented out the Planetarium for a movie night! Mainly, I just use a lot of really detailed and whimsical Prezi’s in our meetings paired with a lot of bad humor. I always get off on tangents about Oprah episodes I have seen, and embarrassing freshman year memories, so everyone can have a good LOL at me, but try to avoid those situations themselves. It’s a great time truly.

HC: What else are you involved in (on or off-campus) besides Greek Life?

LK: I am a member of the Garnet and Gold Key Honorary, danced on Seminole Dance Force for three years, contributor to The Style Line, volunteer at Westminster Oaks Retirement Community, and nanny for a family here in Tallahassee!

HC: Where do you see yourself after graduation?

LK: New York City, ideally. I hate how cliché that sounds, but I really do hope to end up there. I had an incredible internship in and around Manhattan this past summer and my infatuation for the city grew larger every day. Seriously, I could go on and on about how New York is the best place in the world, but I’ll spare you the overpriced iced coffees and just re-direct you to my article on The Style Line, my obsession is ALL there. Cc: http://thestyleline.com/laines-world-summer-in-the-city/

HC: If you could have any job in the world, what would you do?

LK: Okay so I have three answers for this one:

1.    I am pursuing a degree in Communications with a minor in International Affairs; they seemed like the best pairing in order to work in the crisis management field. I want to be a problem solver, and a reputation fixer (pre-Olivia Pope, I swear – she does rock white trench coats better than I ever could so…). It seems extremely stressful for just getting out of school though, so I am planning on working in Communications until I get up the gusto to say “It’s handled” in a stronger voice.

2.    Ultimate dream job however, would be dancing for Beyoncé. Seriously, I think I would quit anything and everything going on in my life if I could dance on tour with her or really in any way for that matter. I weirdly follow every one of her back up dancers on Instagram, not a big deal.

3.    Lastly, I always had the idea of being a zip line operator in Honduras in the back of my mind. I went zip lining there once and it was the most gorgeous, exhilarating thing I have ever done. And, I mean, how great would your life be just zip lining all day with crazy tourists in a tropical paradise? So good.

HC: Who is your role model (or models, if you have more than one), and why?

LK: Not really a role model type of person! I do love Beyoncé, and my mom, and you know, Jesus. But as far as role models go, I’m not much into that.

HC: Okay, time for fun questions: what song best describes you?

LK: Go Your Own Way (Live): Fleetwood Mac. But if I had a song playing every time I walked into a room, I would want it to be Bust A Move by Young MC. Just sayin’.

HC: What is your favorite quote?

LK: “I have work, then a dinner thing, then I’m busy becoming who I am.” –Hannah Horvath (Lena Dunham – GIRLS)

HC: If you could have any super power, what would it be?

LK: I think it would be the ability to turn my road rage into actual gas for my car. So, I could literally fuel my car, via all the road rage I express on a daily basis (seriously, it’s bad).

HC: Lastly, choose two celebrities to be your parents.

LK: Ellie Kemper & Tom Hanks.

Haleigh is a 22 year old college student who is slowly but surely getting closer and closer to graduating from the beautiful Florida State University (in May, to be exact). With a love for puppies that's almost too much to handle at times and a slight obsession with sushi, Haleigh is passionate about all things cute and fun, with a hint of sass. Go Noles!
Her Campus at Florida State University.