Katy Rose Lindborg: Sports Enthusiast and Future Orthopedic Surgeon

Name: Katy Rose Lindborg

Year: Sophomore

Major: Exercise Science

Hometown: Orlando, FL

Relationship Status: On Bumble

Photo By: Annie Grafe

Her Campus (HC): Why did you choose to major in Exercise Science?

Katy Rose Lindborg (KRL): I’ve always known that I wanted to work in a field where I could serve and help others on a daily basis. And I’ve also always found the human body to be extremely fascinating. So I figure pursuing a career in medicine will allow for me to help others while getting to learn everyday. Exercise science is a great pre-med major because it covers most of the prereqs required for medical school but has a greater focus on the human body versus other types of biology, which I find to be much more interesting.  

HC: Medicine is such a cool field! What’s your dream job?  

KRL: My dream is to become an orthopedic surgeon that specializes in sports medicine. I’ve always loved sports and have a great appreciation for athletes. Sports are becoming more and more competitive and athletic injuries are on the rise. But there’s nothing greater than seeing an injured player return to the field and I’d love to be a part of that.   

HC: You love watching sports, but do you happen to play any?

KRL: I played tennis competitively for most of my life and still like to play it for fun with my friends and family. In middle and high school, I was very into lacrosse, but I decided to leave that behind when I came to FSU to try new things.  I do still miss playing it sometimes, though.

HC: What other things do you like to do in your free time?

KRL: I am very involved in my sorority, Alpha Phi.  I love spending time with my sisters and going to the different events we participate in on campus. Like I said I’m pretty entertained by sports so I enjoy watching FSU’s teams play. Tennis and water polo are my favorite… and football of course. I also love to read. Motivational self-help books are my guilty pleasure.

HC: What’s your favorite self-help book of all time?

KRL: My all-time favorite book is The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz. It discusses four principles that everyone should try to live by in order to live a life filled with love and happiness. As cheesy as it sounds, the principles given are truly profound and I try my best to follow them. When I do, I feel better. I truly believe that everyone should read this book at some point—I’ve given a copy to all of my friends.     

Lover of Iced Coffee and Free People Clothing Follow Me @ https://www.instagram.com/sam_ann19/ https://twitter.com/Sam_ann19
Her Campus at Florida State University.