Karissa Pendleton: “You Can’t Live Your Life on Mute”

Name: Karissa Pendleton

Year: Junior

Hometown: Tallahassee, Florida

Relationship Status: Single

Major: Sports Management

Her Campus (HC): Tell me about your current internship here at FSU?

Karissa Pendleton (KP): I work in Events and Facilities in the Athletics Department here at Florida State University. I work under Associate Athletic Director Bernie Waxman. I help research different topics that deal with the sports industry [and] am involved in some pre, current, and post-game [set] up. I also attend different meetings throughout the day.

HC: What is your favorite sport to work with and why?

KP: So far I like basketball the best. I have worked both mens and womens basketball and they both operate the same. I like to be able to see how everything operates and also be able to watch the game at the same time.

HC: What made you decide to pick sports management?

KP: My dad was in the sports industry so I grew up around the athletics profession and Florida State University. I have been going to events and my dad’s office since I was a kid. Therefore, I fell in love with it at a young age.

HC: What team would you ideally want to work for?

KP: The Tampa Bay Rays.

HC: Do you have any cool opportunities lined up for this summer?

KP: I have an internship in Events and Facilities with the Rays this summer.

HC: If you had to choose a character on television that you closely relate to, who would it be?

KP: Christina Yang, from Grey’s Anatomy. Christina Yang pretty much describes me, or says what I am thinking. She has a passion for being the best at what she does, and always strives to be great. That is how I am, [and how I] want to be.     

HC: Are you Team McDreamy or Team McSteamy?

KP: Definitely Team McDreamy.

HC: Do you have one quote that you try to live by?

KP: “At any given moment you have the power to say: This is not how the story is going to end.” – Christine Mason Miller

Anna Iturra is a senior at Florida State University studying Media/Communication Studies. She loves reading celebrity autobiographies, eating out at local Tallahassee restaurants,  reading the latest edition of Glamour and watching movies for three dollars at the Movies 8 theater. She can't live without coffee, wine or Netflix (currently addicted to Lost). She aspires to be like Mindy Kaling and she hopes to one day live in London.
Her Campus at Florida State University.