stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Journey to a Spring Break Bod: Expectation Vs. Reality

Preparing for bikini season is no joke. Many ladies have been holed up in the gym since the beginning of the semester, denying any and all kinds of fast food cravings, following very strict fitness routines, all for the sake of a perfect spring break bod. Even though I had the best intentions (seriously, check my Pinterest), my journey to a perfect spring break bod (or should I say lack thereof) went a little more like this…

Expectation: “How hard can running a few miles be? I’ve got the legs of a gazelle and a killer gym playlist.”

Reality: “Wow okay, very hard… People are staring at me, I’m gasping for air, drenched in sweat, and I can’t stop staring at the smoothie stand. Time to give up.”

Expectation: “I can totally just get up early and hit the gym before class, knock out a few of these little leg lift things, get my butt into shape.”

Reality: “It’s still dark outside… Yeah, no, dumb idea. Very dumb idea…”

Expectation: “Change of scenery- I’m going running outside! Heck yeah, nature!”

Reality: “Ahh, bee, oh my god, bee. Severely traumatized and never running outside again…” 

Expectation: “I’m throwing away my cookie stash, giving up on fast food, and devoting my life to healthy recipes on Pinterest!”

Reality: “Yeah, no, it looks more fun on Pinterest… What the heck is kale?”

Expectation: “I’ll just stick to salads- that’s healthy! Well on my way to the perfect spring break bod!”

Reality: “I’ll just drown it in ranch… Still eating a salad though, so go me! So healthy!”

Putting on a bathing suit in preparation for the beach the week of Spring Break:

Expectation: 

Reality: 

Sarah Shellabarger is a senior at Florida State University, majoring in English - Editing, Writing, Media and minoring in Communications. This is her third semester as a HCFSU staff writer. When she's not drowning in assigned readings, Sarah enjoys attempting to get celebrities to follow her on Twitter, daily Dunkin Donuts trips, praising Stevie Nicks, and (unsuccesfully) begging her boyfriend to buy her a kitten. Sarah hopes to one day put her witty banter to good use by writing for a clever yet underappreciated TV show, and eventually becoming the next Tina Fey.    
Her Campus at Florida State University.