Jennifer Groce: #QuesoAddict and PR Fashionista

Name: Jennifer Groce

Major: Retail Merchandising & Product Development, Public Relations

Relationship Status: Taken

Photo By: Annie Graffe

Her Campus (HC): Diving in, where do you see yourself in 10 years?

Jen Groce (JG): In 10 years I see myself in New York City doing something fabulous, hopefully. I’m thinking public relations for a big fashion brand.

HC: What are some things you’re involved in?

JG: I just started my internship with Dr. Langston in the Retail Center. I’m one of the publicists for Collegiate Merchandising Association. I’m a Fashion Styling Director for the AATCC Fashion Show, which I’m pretty excited about. I’m doing the crochet portion. I’m in Kappa Kappa Gamma as well; I’m the Philanthropy Chairman, and I love it!

HC: Wow, you’re really busy! Could you explain what CMA does and your position?

JG: As a Publicist, I help run the Twitter and Pinterest, and I also help promote it. It’s basically FSU’s biggest fashion club. Members meet to network with one another and talk about their internships and experiences. We also travel around and have activities and socials. We have a trip to Thomasville this Saturday where we’ll learn about buying. We usually do a trip to Atlanta Mart every semester too!  

HC: You just pulled off Kappa Con Queso, a really successful philanthropy for your sorority. What was challenging about planning your own event?

JG: It was very stressful getting all the pieces together. It was the first time we did this event, so there was no prior experience or list for me to follow. I had to figure out how much food to buy, how many people would come, and what decorations to buy. I was really just making it up as I went. I felt a lot of pressure to make sure everything went smoothly.

HC: Oh, and you’re a College Fashionista, right? How’d you get involved in that?

JG: Well, to be honest, I was creeping on Instagram one day and saw that a girl had it in her bio. So, I looked into it and it sounded really fun! They happened to be hiring at the time, so I applied and got it! I really like it.

HC: How do you make the time?

JG: I’m a big planner person. I literally write everything out. Before the week starts, I write out my day-to-day things. Lists. I love lists.

HC: Do you have any advice for busy girls in a relationship?

JG: It’s important to prioritize. It’s important to make time for the other person. I’m in a long distance relationship, so Facetime really helps. I would try to Facetime or hangout with your significant other like once or twice a week. Find time for them, but make sure your prioritizing time for yourself too.

HC: What do you do for fun?

JG: Online shop. A lot. To me, it’s the most fun thing. I sleep? I don’t do a lot of it, so if I find the time I try to nap. Back home, I would try to go to the beach and go out to eat with friends #QuesoAddict.

HC: What’s something in your closet you can’t live without?

JG: Honestly, I don’t wear it with anything cute, but I have this big, white cardigan that I wear all the time.

HC: Where do you get your fashion inspiration?

JG: A lot of blogs and Instagram. Most of it I see it, I like it, I buy it.

We then quickly got distracted comparing all of the people we follow:

Alyese Shaffer @SunshineStateofStyle

Carli Bybel @Carlibel

Christine Andrew @HelloFashionBlog

Katy McFarlan @katymcfarlan

HC: Can you describe your personal style?

JG: I would describe it as a little bit of everything. I like bohemian. I think I’m more “Urban Bohemian,” if that’s a thing? I like to add different pieces to the boho look. I really love color. I’m not the kind of fashion girl that only wears black and neutrals all the time. Color is fun!

If you want to check out Jen’s College Fashionista blog, click here!

Her Campus at Florida State University.