Style > Beauty

Jenna Theofiledes: Creator of the Theo Organics Beauty Line

Move over Urban Decay, Mac and Kylie Cosmetics, because there’s a new makeup line on the block and this one is all about highlighting your natural beauty. Theo Organics is the name and women empowerment is the game. This past summer, Jenna Theofiledes put her life-long dream into action and began creating her very own unique makeup/skincare line. By October 2016, Theo Organics had launched, and by December, the line was already gaining some major support with 80 loyal customers! Her Campus FSU got the chance to interview Theo Organics’ founder for more insight!

Courtesy: Jenna Theofiledes

Name: Jenna Theofiledes

Age: 20

Major: Public Relations (with a concentration in Marketing)

Hometown: Indialantic, Fla.

Her Campus (HC): Theo Organics has quite a following – how long has this line been in the works?

Jenna Theofiledes (JT): With Theo Organics, I’ve made my vision of putting skincare first and makeup second a reality. I’ve always used natural oils to condition and help lengthen my eyelashes, so why not bottle my own formula? This past summer, I decided to run with it and create my own organic products. I began to conceptualize a natural beauty brand that would have a strong identity; I knew I wanted this line to be bright and fun while also focusing on empowering women by highlighting their natural beauty. After researching healthy and functional ways to create skincare without chemicals, I began to develop my organic, all-natural eye serum. In October 2016, I officially launched Theo Organics – a hand-blended, organic eyelash-growth serum founded on in-depth research and bottled with love.

(HC): Have you always been interested in possibly creating your own line and how has social media benefitted your brand?

(JT): I love beauty products and I am incredibly interested in building brands in my future career; Theo was the perfect place for me to start. I began on Instagram and it truly amazed me how one platform aided the creation of my identity through the image of the brand. I wanted the theme and image to be unique and interesting to followers. I wanted the page to encourage girls to treat Theo Organics as a lifestyle instead of a few products. I believe all women are beautiful and Theo just supports my goal of getting women to embrace and enhance their inner beauty. Also, Instagram has been a great platform because I get so much feedback from girls who buy my products and it’s so encouraging to hear the lovely things they say! 

Courtesy: Jenna Theofiledes

(HC): What is the idea of your line and what do think makes it so special?

(JC): Details are always super important. Part of the reason that I’ve already found success is my dedication to aesthetics. When people see cute names and packaging, they tell their friends. Giving the products their own personalities, as well as an organic platform, sets me apart. My sister helps me a lot with the branding and packaging side of Theo. For example, she thought to send the products in bubblegum-pink packaging. The stylish packaging is aimed towards our Instagram lovers because it’s eyepopping and photogenic. The packaging is a way for the brand to express its identity before it’s even been opened!

(HC):  Tell me more about your products. What are they and why did you choose to make those the first two products of your line?

(JC): Theo Organics’ eyelash serum is made up of all organic oils that each have their own special properties: castor oil (hair growth), almond oil (volume), lavender (kills bacteria within the hair) and vitamin E (hair reproduction). I only buy top quality products that have been certified organic ingredients. I like to live my life in a natural way, and makeup is no exception. After a lot of research, I teamed up with my older sister, Jess, to expand the product line. She and I wanted to create our own spin on the current makeup trend – highlighting. Theo Organics’ Eyelight is an all-natural mineral mica eyeshadow used to illuminate the features of your eyes. On top of those products, we also have some natural lip products in the works! My sister and I are constantly brainstorming new ideas to expand and improve upon Theo Organics. We actually came up with Eyelight in the car! Also, a fun fact about our eyelash serum is its tagline: “Enhance Your God-Given Lashes.” In Greek, the meaning of Theo is “God-given” so we figured we would tie that into the brand as well!

Courtesy: Jenna Theofiledes

(HC): What are the benefits of purchasing Theo Organics?

(JC): Many products claim to enhance your beauty when they are truly only piping chemicals into your pores. With Theo Organics, you know what’s in the products, you can pronounce the ingredients, and you can count the ingredients on one hand. When you purchase from Theo, you are purchasing a makeup product that you can trust.

(HC): Who is your makeup inspiration?

(JC): My makeup inspiration is Patrict Ta. He’s one of the few who are entrusted with making up every Kardashian and Hadid. With uber-highlighted skin, long lashes, and the neutral brown-toned lips, he creates red-carpet glamour that is wearable every day.

(HC): What is your next move for your brand and the future of your business?

(JC): The support that I’ve gotten from people really helps me out; I truly appreciate it. Word of mouth and Instagram giveaways have also really helped me to expand my business. Brand identity is super important to me so no matter what, I want to keep Theo’s image cohesive and consistent. I am excited about so many things for Theo Organics. The new products are in the works and I am just so thrilled to watch the line grow and see how much people love and use our products! Definitely stay tuned to our Instagram (@theo_organics) for product updates and new images!  

Courtesy: Jenna Theofiledes

You can check out their products on their Etsy store here!  

Products can also be purchased at Trend Revival, a modern bohemian clothing store found in Melbourne, Florida! Also, be on the lookout for pop-up shops!

Tawnie Simpson is a Senior Editing, Writing, and Media student at Florida State University. She enjoys (needs) a good cup of cold brew, she comes from a small town nobody knows called "about an hour south of Tampa" and she is often mistaken for 10-year-old Lindsay Lohan, but she's not complaining.
Her Campus at Florida State University.