James Franco’s Underage Proposition

Ever since seeing him star as stoner-gone-bad-boy Daniel Desario on Freaks and Geeks (1999), I have had a huge, bone-crushing, tear-jerking, heart-squeezing man crush on James Franco.  His chiseled cheekbones, his supple lips, his deep brown eyes, and his one-of-a-kind weird little laugh all made me fall more and more in love with him. If I have not sold you on his unprecedented superiority yet, here are just a few clips of James that make me swoon.

Princess. Imagine him calling you princess.

He is so totally relatable!

Because doing real life things is scary.

To be honest I have not actually ever watched Spring Breakers but I am sure it has to be a great, uplifting movie since James Franco is in it.

Disclaimer: While some of the quotes may have been said by James Franco, they are really attributed to the characters that he plays, not Franco himself.

Okay. So now that you are completely invested in the James Franco fandom, let me crumble his god-like image (but just a smidge). Recently, James Franco is under allegations of trying to hook up with a seventeen-year-old girl from the United Kingdom through Instagram. I am not sure which part is the most appalling: underage, other country, or through Instagram. You would think that with his rugged good looks he would be able to find a girl his own age and in his own country, but to each his own. While it is everyone’s dream to get up and personal (and maybe a little too personal) with their favorite star, Scotland girl Lucy Clode got to experience just that. According to her Instagram account which has since been deleted, Clode met Franco at his play Of Mice and Men. She tagged him in a picture that they took together, he direct messaged her, she direct messaged back, and, well, the rest is to the birds.

Franco eventually asked Clode for her number, thus moving the conversation from Instagram to a much more private text message conversation. “You’re single? Should I rent a room?” asks Franco. To which Clode coyly replies “April Fools was an hour ago though.” Then Clode decides to post this conversation on her account saying “Rejecting James Franco has to be the hardest thing I’ve ever done.” Well, the hardest thing I have ever done is tried to balance fifteen credit hours with work, a social life, and extracurricular activities while still attempting to get enough sleep, but I guess seventeen year olds have a lot more responsibilities than us college kids.   

Cassi is a junior at Florida State University. As an Environmental Studies major, Cassi likes outdoor activities such as biking, hiking, and going to parks. She is part of a community Service Fraternity, Alpha Phi Omega, which has brought her to some very unique and exciting experiences around Tallahassee. From washing dogs to preparing food for the elderly, Cassi loves to help the community out any way that she can. In her free time, Cassi likes to paint, read, take bubble baths, wreck her boyfriend at chess, beat the high score to Mrs. Pac Man at Voodoo Dog, play with her hamsters, or attend concerts. As always, this Seminole bleeds Garnet and Gold! 
Her Campus at Florida State University.