Jairo Avila: Hungry for Success

Name: Jairo Avila

Year: Junior

Hometown: Miami, FL

Major: Management Information Systems

Relationship Status: Single

Her Campus (HC): What is your involvement on campus?

Jairo Avila (JA): I am involved with the Association for Information Systems (AIS) and I am a brother of the Alpha Kappa Psi Professional Business Fraternity. My previous involvement includes the FSU Rowing team and the Collegiate Veteran Association.

HC: Out of all the places you’ve visited, which one is your favorite and why?

JA: My favorite places were Hawaii and Turks and Caicos. I have grown to enjoy the tropical atmosphere and the feeling of freedom. I also enjoy the beautiful [scenery] and the thrill of water sports.

HC: What is your motto?

JA: My mother is still working, so I can’t stop working (I won’t stop until I have enough to provide for her).

HC: Looking back on your last three years, what do you wish you could have done differently?

JA: I wish I had done more networking in college. I am just beginning to meet more like-minded individuals that I should have surrounded myself with earlier.

HC: What is your greatest accomplishment?

JA: Knowing that even at my worst I will have a career. I have created enough options for myself — enough to succeed. In my opinion, I am doing better than most people my age.

HC: Who is the one person you can never say ‘no’ to?

JA: My grandma; I would do anything for her.

HC: What is your favorite song to jam out to while you’re at the gym?

JA: Recently, Energy by Drake and Where Are Ü Now by Diplo & Skrillex.

HC: What do you plan to do after graduation?

JA: I plan to work with Protiviti and work on a startup.

HC: What do you look forward to after a long day?

JA: I look forward to the things I will accomplish the next morning.

HC: What is your philosophy on life?

JA: We are here to evolve our growth, learn from this life, and move onto the next. I believe that we learn the most when we share our experiences with others.

Her Campus at Florida State University.