It’s Time to Break Up with Your Old Sports Bra: A Review from a Fellow Collegiette

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

Every Collegiette knows how important it is to maintain a healthy lifestyle despite the constant studying for upcoming exams and parties to attend.

Living a healthy lifestyle means trying to exercise daily and eat right. Even though we have to sweat during our hardcore workouts to try and get our bodies in shape, it doesn’t mean that we have to look frumpy while doing so.

Victoria’s Secret sports clothing is something that every Collegiette should have in her workout gear. Their clothes are designed, tested, and perfected to give women the ultimate workout experience. The variety of colors and patterns can make any statement and fit any mood while you’re at the gym.

If you are feeling a little cautious about the brand, being that it is a little pricey, I am here to tell you why these sport bras and bottoms will become your match made in heaven during your workout routines.

Most generic sports bras are limited to specific sizes and one standard shape that isn’t quite flattering. After a few washes, it’s usually time to buy another basic sports bra. Most of my old sports bras squeeze my chest to “give me support” and in the end, I look like I am two sizes smaller than I really am. No one is supposed to look like they are going to a party while working out, but looking fashionable and having something flattering on you is a must for confidence.

Victoria’s Secret Sport allows any women to feel comfortable in her skin through actual bra sizes. Don’t know your bra size? Feel like your size depends on the bra you are buying? Fear not my Collegiette friends because I have the same problem. Another reason why you will get more out of this investment is because bra specialists from Victoria’s Secret are more than happy to help you find your perfect size in any sports bra and bra in general!

Their smiling faces were eager to greet me and help me decide on the perfect sports bra when I came in to purchase one. I say “decide on a perfect one,” because there is more than one sports bra to decide from; everything from the Incredible to the Runway. Your options are endless.

Instead of squeezing your breasts for support, Victoria’s Secret material lines your chest and supports you while giving you the shape you want.

For testing purposes, thanks to Influenster, I will be reviewing my firsthand experience with the Incredible sports bra by Victoria’s Secret Sport. The sports bra itself is very soft and durable. It is safe to machine wash, so don’t worry about hand washing them before your workout routine. This bra in particular has a concealed wire for cushioned support. The padded straps running up your chest to your back gives the ultimate support and no irritation. The back has an adjustable closure to fit any back comfortably despite how big your chest area is.

Now it’s time to put my sports bra to the test. To begin with I am very psychically active, I try to go to the gym on average 4-5 days out of the week. I do cardio and heavy lifting during my routines, so having a durable sports bra is a must!

During my workout out, my Incredible sports bra felt like a dream. It was easy to breathe in, left no marks on my body when I took it off, and supported me as I ran, jumped, and squatted my life away. The material did dry fast, I have washed it a couple of times and it still looks brand new, and I felt great in it during my workouts. I think that’s the most important thing when you go to work out: wearing something that makes you feel like the queen you are. You need to feel confident in yourself to want to work out. This bra definitely does that for me. This sports bra inspires me to work out on my down days.

Besides getting to test the sports bra, I also tested Victoria’s Secret Sport Knockout tights. The material stretched nicely and was not see through at all when I bent forward to stretch or squat. I would like to place importance on this because finding workout pants/shorts that are not see through on me when I work out is a hard thing to find. No one wants to see what underwear we have on at the gym! The thick and stretchy material also hugged every one of my curves and also dried quickly when I did my hard cardio routines.

So is it time to break up with your old sports bra? From one Collegiette to other Collegiettes around the world, YES! Do yourself a favor and walk into a Victoria’s Secret near you and spend some extra cash on new workout gear. The price you pay will be worth it, because these clothes will last you. I also suggest going on the website and looking through the clearance section. I usually always buy my workout gear from Victoria’s Secret on sale, with a coupon or during their Semi-Annual Sale!

Keep working out and looking beautiful while doing so Collegiettes!

Interested in buying your new workout gear? https://www.victoriassecret.com/victorias-secret-sport

This is a sponsored blog post. Influenster provided me with complimentary Victoria’s Secret products to test and review as part of a contest.

Amanda loves to write creatively on her spare time. When she isn't studying for her double major in both Psychology and Editing, Writing, and Media, Amanda is in the kitchen cooking up some dinner or baking sweet treats. She is a kid at heart and will never be too old for anything Disney. Amanda aspires to become a producer and writer for future video games.
Her Campus at Florida State University.