How To Not feel Bad About Your Halloween Candy Binge

Halloween is a time for dressing up, scaring friends, and eating tons of candy. Snickers, Reeses’, and candy corn are just a few of the delicious candies that are there to tempt the healthy Collegiette, and I’d be lying if I said I didn’t have any!

Candy can be seen all over college campuses, and is always given out by student organizations in an effort to reel in new members. Props to the few who manage to stay away from the candy craze and who avoid eating candy around Halloween! However, for those of you who tried to stay healthy this Halloween season but didn’t succeed, don’t worry! Here are some reasons why you don’t need to freak out over your candy binge.

1. First of all, if you already follow a healthy diet, eating one or two pieces of candy won’t kill you! If that Twix bar is calling your name, it’s ok to eat it! Just don’t get carried away and eat 5 at once, because that will definitely throw off your diet. 

2. That being said, if you really don’t want to give in to temptation, remember for next Halloween that there are always ‘healthier’ alternatives to replace the traditional holiday candies with. I’m talking about dark chocolate. This little goody will fix that sweet tooth of yours while allowing you to stay on track with your diet. And it’s good for you too!

3. The third reason not to feel guilty about the candy binge is that it is finally sweater weather! That means that it’s ok if you gain a lil’ chub from eating Halloween sweets. Let’s be real, you can’t avoid EVERY piece of candy thrown your way, that’s just not human. Also, bathing suit season will be over for a very long time, so you have many months of working out and clean eating to get rid of whatever weight you may have gained during Halloween!

The bottom line is that everything comes down to how confident you are with your body. You’re not going to be able to eat 100% healthy 100% of the time. That doesn’t mean you can’t try, but college keeps you surrounded by unhealthy eating habits, and you can’t beat yourself up over having a few pieces of candy. 

The tips listed above will help with short-term confidence, but if you aren’t confident with who you are in general, then no amount of dieting will make you feel better. If you start feeling down about your weight or how you look because of all of the Halloween candy you’ve been eating, figure out what makes you happy. Go on a run, do some yoga, or just eat an apple! Do something that makes you feel happy and healthy and you won’t remember why you were upset in the first place!

Kalie Marsch is a senior at Florida State University majoring in Editing, Writing and Media within the College of English. She aspires to work in magazine publishing and editing in the future, and lives for New York Fashion Week. When she's not busy with work or school, she loves to shop, read magazines and online style blogs, sit down with a good book, or go to the gym. She is obsessed with New York City and plans to move there after graduating from college. Kalie also loves being involved on campus and meeting new people. She is super excited to work with Her Campus and looks forward to helping make the FSU chapter the best it can be!