Here’s What You Missed at the Garnet and Gold Spring Game

Every spring semester, Nole Nation looks forward to the game that gives everybody in town an excuse to celebrate their favorite team. As the Spring FSU football game took place on Saturday, April 14, Seminole fans gathered in excitement to get a glimpse of what to expect in Fall 2018. Thrilled that a game day returned, the official spring game day turnout was totaled at 60, 934. This means fans couldn’t wait to witness FSU football’s relatively new head coach Willie Taggart.

A spring football game is meant to showcase all the dedication put into improving the overall team. With Willie Taggart’s enthusiasm about making a positive change, he has been exactly what the Seminoles need to guide our team into victory. As he tweets about making this upcoming season, “fast, fun, and explosive” he’s shown the initiative he is willing to take—to make FSU football more refreshing with his genuine personality traits. On Saturday, there was a different energy in Doak Campbell Stadium, as Taggart embraced fans by greeting them, showing a mutual respect for the people gathered to support the Seminoles. Although Garnet took the victory 31-13, for the first time in a while an FSU football game felt more like a celebration than a disaster waiting to happen.

Courtesy: ESPN

After the game, Taggart stated “the team could have performed a lot better,” however, he reassured fans that there will be time for adjustments. Although, this game didn’t compliment either of the offenses. There were plenty of great moments that occurred on Saturday. The players were seen lighting up the stadium with their positive glow, giving ’Nole fans a season to look forward to. Most notably, there was a significant change in pace as players were a lot quicker in snapping the ball, in comparison to last year. Which means while there is still room for improvement, change is evident. 

Her Campus at Florida State University.