Here’s Everything That’s Happening During Pridefest in Tallahassee!

On Saturday, April 14, Tallahassee held its seventh annual Miss Tallahassee Pridefest. The yearly tradition includes a drag pageant that highlights talented queens from Tallahassee and North Florida’s drag community. When first arriving, I was greeted by a very friendly staff who gave out free buttons; some were used to identify pronouns and sexuality of the audience. This idea was creative and unique, perfectly fitting for this event! Overall, the night is not your typical pageant. As each contestant reaches the stage, the entertainment never ended. From beautiful gowns to glorious costumes, every single contestant shined with beauty. The room filled with laughter and smiles for every act.

If you missed this event and want to get involved in Pridefest, don’t worry! You have not missed your chance. Here are the upcoming events happening this week.

April 17: Glorious! The Story of Us: An Interfaith Service:

During the Pride in the Plaza event, Tallahassee wants to hear everyone’s stories. Whether this be the joyous times of becoming your true self or struggles of coming out, the community opens their ears to hear your story.

April 18: A Toast to Pride

Head on down Thomasville Road to The Fox & Stag to celebrate everyone who makes this week happen. This includes the volunteers, sponsors, vendors, and you! Champagne and wine will be provided but only while supplies last, so make sure to arrive early. The Fox & Stag will be extending their happy hour specials for this spectacular event.

April 19: Mixin’ the Tea: Trans Happy Hour

A collaboration between Capital Tea and Pridefest, this casual mixer will be held from 6 to 9 pm. Capital Tea is a trans support group to provide a safe, informative, and upbeat environment for the local community. Although it is trans happy hour, this event is open to anyone who would like to attend.

April 20: Women Rock: an LBTPQ Women’s Event

An event ran by and for women in our community is one that we should all be here for! Ruby Rapture & Mystic Opal will host the 21+ event but will include musical and drag performances as well. General admission is only $5 and food from Gaines Street Pies, Warhorse, and Grassland Brewery are all welcomed in the event.

April 21: Pride in the Plaza

The best of the best! Come to the Kleman Plaza for the premier event of Tallahassee. Food and vendors will flood the park, while entertainment is provided on the stage. This event is family-friendly and welcoming to everyone. Admission is free, so why wouldn’t you go? Just enjoy and celebrate pride in your community!

All images courtesy of Pridefest.

Her Campus at Florida State University.