A Healthy Meal for Each Time of Day

In college it’s hard to balance school, work, friends and maintaining a healthy lifestyle, but sometimes it can be more straightforward than you think. Eating healthy can be easy with these simple meals to keep you feeling good and energized.

Breakfast: The most important meal of the day.

Source: Nicola Strother

A simple yet really healthy option for breakfast is avocado spread and eggs on toast. This meal takes basically 5 minutes to prepare and has every component you need to start your day off right. In a bowl, mash the avocado, add any seasonings and spread on your toast or bread. In a frying pan, cook the eggs until you achieve your desired consistency then add that to the top of your avocado spread and you’re finished! You can even add some fruit and a cup of orange juice to add those extra antioxidants and vitamins your body needs to start the day off right. This can even be made gluten free by using your favorite brand of gluten free toast!

Snack: In-between breakfast and lunch you can often get a little hungry, but this snack will curb your hunger until the next meal.

Source: OverActive Life

This simple high protein snack consists of yogurt, granola, and strawberries, and it will take you less than 5 minutes to prepare and give you the energy you need if you get hungry between meals. This snack is versatile and can be made practically anywhere. Grab a to-go yogurt cup of your choice, mix in your favorite brand of granola and add strawberries (or any fruit)! So simple and so delicious!

Lunch: A key component of a healthy lifestyle.

Source: Perry’s Plate

Lunch is often the hardest meal for people to cook for because you are often working, at school or just not at home around lunchtime. However, this recipe is so easy that all you need to do is prepare it before you leave for the day! In a small pan, add butter, seasonings and shrimp. Cook till golden brown. In a small pot, bring water to a boil and add quinoa. Wait until most of the water is absorbed and the quinoa is tender. Mix the shrimp with the quinoa in a pan, add any additional seasonings and you’re finished! Add a side of green beans or asparagus to tie the meal together. This takes roughly 15 minutes to prepare and can be made in bulk for the whole week!

Snack: If you’re still feeling hungry after lunch or you finished a workout and need a snack to tide you over until dinnertime, this is an easy small refreshment to keep you going.

Source: My Fit Family

The notorious childhood snack known as “ants on a log” just got a makeover. This healthy and easy-preparation snack consists of almond butter instead of the typical peanut butter, plus celery and raisins. This snack is super easy to make and can easily be brought with you on the go if needed. It’s high in protein and consists of a fruit and a vegetable!

Dinner: If you’re like me and the last thing you want to do at the end of the day is prepare a meal, then this easy dinner will be perfect for you!

Source: Real Simple

This simple and delicious meal will make you wonder how it took you only 30 minutes to make! Place chicken and cut up potatoes on a non-stick oven pan, season with Italian seasonings and put in the oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes (oven times vary). Add a steam-in-the-bag vegetable to tie the meal together and you’re finished! It’s that simple, can be made in bulk for meals throughout the week and can be substituted for lunch if you want!

Don’t forget to drink your daily allotment of water, get a good night’s sleep and exercise regularly to promote that healthy lifestyle you’re looking for!

Sophomore computer science major at Florida State University that loves everything fashionable, yoga, food, art, and technology related. Originally from Boca Raton, Florida but currently residing in Tallahassee attending the best school in the nation!
Her Campus at Florida State University.