Halloween Horror Nights Is About to Get Stranger

Things at Universal Studios are going to get stranger.

The theme park announced that the acclaimed Netflix original Stranger Things will be brought to life at this year’s Halloween Horror Nights. The haunted-house maze will immerse guests in a recreation of Hawkins, Indiana, where they will brave the events that unfolded in season one at settings iconic to the series.

“You’ll faithfully follow the storyline, starting off on Mirkwood and then quickly moving to inside Hawkins National Laboratory where things have gone terribly, terribly wrong,” wrote Patrick Braillard, creative show director, in a press release posted on the Halloween Horror Nights website.

Specific details have not been released yet, leaving fans desperate and speculating what will unfold (we’re looking at you too, illusive season three premiere date). Fans have a few questions about the horror attraction, like will there be Eggos?

Universal Studios has confirmed a close collaboration with Netflix and the show creators. The goal is to provide fans with an experience as authentic to the show as possible. It’s a dream come true for people to get the opportunity to step into the world of their favorite series, or in this case, a welcomed nightmare.

Visitors will enter the Upside Down, experience the flashing lights in the Byers’ house and even face a Demogorgon that will lurk in the shadows, stalking the crowd as they go through the maze. The press release also hinted at appearances, or adaptions, of characters from the series, throwing in the disclaimer of a spoiler alert and tag (#RIPBarb) into the press release.

Our fingers are crossed in hopes of opening night appearances from the series actors like Millie Bobbi Brown (Eleven) or David Harbour (Police Chief Jim Hopper) who said he’ll dress up as Eleven at Halloween Horror Nights if his tweet gets 300k.

This news might be enough to get us Stranger Things fans through till the premiere of season three. If you haven’t yet watched Stranger Things or just want to binge watch it for the second (okay be honest, third) time, there’s plenty of time to do so before Halloween Horror Nights kicks off.

The Stranger Things inspired maze will be created at the Universal Parks in Hollywood, Orlando, and Singapore and will run for 34 select nights. Halloween Horror Nights starts September 14 and ends November 3.

Tickets for the 2018 Halloween Horror Nights event are available now. Prices start at $77.99 with an exclusive online offer and other packages. For more details about the “Stranger Things” haunted-house maze, check out the Halloween Horror Nights website and be sure to watch the official announcement video.

All GIFs courtesy of Giphy.

Her Campus at Florida State University.