Disclaimer: All pick-up line deliveries will vary. We cannot promise that all situations will end in your favor. Her Campus FSU is not responsible for any emotional trauma or embarrassment that may occur after using a pick-up line.

The holiday of love is creeping up on us, and not the Facebook kind of creeping you do on the cute boy you stare at in your Monday/Wednesday class. Come to think of it – how is your love life looking these days? The case may be that you are one of the chosen few that have somehow secured a one true love in the wasteland of hook-ups known as Tallanasty. However, if you happen to be swimming in the big pond of single ladies, you may be experiencing one of two things as Valentine’s Day is approaching. 

Courtesy: Guff.com 

Option one: you are cursing every couple you see while simultaneously drowning yourself in your sorrows (*nervous laugh*). Option two: frantically searching for another special someone before V-day makes its grand entrance. Don’t think all hope is lost. The art of the pick-up lines still holds some magic. You have time to drop a pick-up line snag that last minute heartthrob. No matter where you may find your potential valentine around campus, we have you covered with the following pickup lines: 

If you’re hitting the books at Stroz and you notice a total babe out of the corner of your eye—try this one: “Are you a library book? Because I can’t stop checking you out.”

While impatiently waiting at a red light on Tennessee Street, you notice the stud in the mustang next to you. Grow a pair, roll your window down and say: “Are you from Tennessee, because you’re the only ten-i-see.”

We’ve all heard the “who do you know here” at your favorite frat house rager, but this upcoming holiday switch it up and hit them with: “Do I know you from somewhere?” *bites lip*

On your daily visit to Starbs, you see the king of all hipsters sporting his tropical print shirt and joggers. You’re not too main stream for him. Walk up and say: “Careful that coffee is hot, but probably not as hot as you.”

If you are feeling adventurous and looking for the ultimate swoop, make your way to Landis. Find the nearest hottie with his majestic pup and say: “There’s not a crate strong enough in the world to keep me from you.”

You’re at the Strip and the bartender is taking a little too long to get to you. So you turn to the closest dime piece and shout over the music: “Your body is about 65 percent water, and I’m thirsty.” *winks*

Pro-Tip: Tinder is an excellent resource to get in ample hours of practice. Just keep swiping right and the pick-up lines will come flooding into your messages. Granted, some will be quite heinous, but practice makes perfect, right?

Tabitha is the type to spend two hours deciding what she wants for dinner but two seconds on deciding to hug a stranger. She believes in good people and good energy. Currently trying to make sense of the world and writing helps her accomplish that. She is a Creative Writing and Public Relations major with a minor in French at FSU.  She was made for adventures. She is determined to travel all over this planet-- making memories, making friends, and making meaning. 
Her Campus at Florida State University.