Gabby Cook: Aeropostale Style Council Member

Name: Gabby Cook 

Hometown: Jensen Beach, FL

Year: Sophomore

Age: 19

Major: Retail, Merchandising & Product Development

Relationship Status: Taken

Courtesy: Gabby Cook

Her Campus (HC): What got you interested in becoming a Retail Merchandising & Product Development major?

Gabby Cook (GC): I’ve always had a love for fashion! I really admire that the industry is so diverse and constantly changing. It’s so full of life and inspiration. I’ve been working in retail for about three years and I still love going to work even though I just work in the mall. It took me a while to realize how much I was in love with what I was doing. I spent my first semester as an “exploratory” student before declaring myself as a Retail major. But I haven’t looked back since!

HC: Why did you choose FSU?

GC: Originally I chose FSU because I wanted to be in the film program, but some part of me always knew that it was unlikely to work out. I also knew that FSU had a really good retail program. I ended up only applying to FSU because it was the only university in Florida that offered great programs for both of the majors I was considering. I think there was never really a question; Florida State was the obvious choice. Now I can’t imagine myself being anywhere else! It’s funny though because I was raised a Gator, but I still chose FSU anyway. Go Noles!

HC: When and why did you start working for Aeropostale?

GC: I began working at Aero during the summer of 2013. I applied to pretty much every store I could think of that would hire under 18. Aero was the only store that called me for an interview! At first I was like “Ugh, I don’t even like that store,” but taking the job was probably the best decision I’ve ever made.

HC: You’ve been featured a lot on their Instagram. Do they ask you to model their clothes for them or how did you get involved with that?

GC: So in June I became a part of what Aero calls their “Style Council.” I was nominated by my managers and then selected by the corporate social media team. Basically they send me a gift card every two weeks to style any outfits in the store and then submit photos of myself wearing them. I usually send them about 7-10 pictures of each outfit and then they will post their favorites on the Aeropostale Instagram, Tumblr and Twitter! 

HC: What are your plans for the future?

HC: Right now, my number 1 goal is to intern this summer with Aero at their corporate headquarters in NYC! After that, I’m not really sure. I still have so much to learn about the industry and all the opportunities that are out there!

HC: What’s a fun fact about yourself?

GC: I really love Coldplay! They’ve been my favorite band since I was 12!

Courtesy: Gabby Cook

Check out Gabby’s Instagram here. She is also an intern for jewelry and vintage clothing company, Bohindie Stream!

Sophomore computer science major at Florida State University that loves everything fashionable, yoga, food, art, and technology related. Originally from Boca Raton, Florida but currently residing in Tallahassee attending the best school in the nation!
Her Campus at Florida State University.