Being a student at Florida State has definitely proved to have many perks. From an academic perspective, we’ve got some of the best quality professors in every department and are offered a variety of cool classes. From a sports perspective, we’ve got the top ranked teams and are home to the BCS 2014 National Championship title.

But whether you’re a bookworm, an athlete, a sports buff, or none of the above, all students can agree that the biggest perk of going to Florida State University is definitely looking around on your way to class and seeing the beauty that is our campus. There’s no better feeling than walking down the red brick carpet of Legacy Walk as the Spanish moss from our colossal trees block the sun, creating the perfect shade. And nothing screams pure bliss more than bringing a blanket and a good book to Landis Green on a sunny afternoon.

While these places are well known to students at FSU, there is much more to campus than these popular sites that not a lot of people know about. Check out these secret sanctuaries hidden around FSU’s campus. Maybe one of these could be your new study spot!

1. The Owen F. Sellers Music Amphitheater

This outdoor amphitheater is located by the Longmire Building and the Kuersteiner Music Building. During the fall and spring semesters, the School of Music will hold concerts in this amphitheater. But on any given day, it’s pretty empty, and a great place if you want to study outdoors or even take graduation pictures.

2. The Friendship Garden

As you’re leaving the Amphitheater heading towards Westcott Fountain, you may notice a small garden hidden in the trees. This is the Friendship Garden donated by FSU’s graduating class of 2012. It’s a peaceful place to take a quick breather on your way to class.

3. The Goldstein Library

That’s right, besides Dirac and Club Stroz, there’s another library on campus! This one is the Goldstein Library, located on the first floor of the Shores Building, which is next to Landis Hall if you’re walking towards Denny’s. It’s one of Florida State’s six libraries and holds mostly children’s books. Pop in for a study sesh!

4. New Memorial Plaza at the College of Nursing

This memorial is located next to the Duxbury Building, or the College of Nursing, and is a memorial donated by the College of Nursing’s graduating class of 2008. It is in memory of Lance Corporal Daniel B. Chaires. It’s a beautiful place to just sit and enjoy the weather!

5. The SLC Balcony

Ever waited in line to see a movie at the SLC and wondered where those stairs led to? Well we’ve got an answer for you! It leads to this balcony open for anyone to use!

6. Legacy Walk by the Psychology Building

Legacy walk goes way beyond walking by the Integration Statue, so check out the extension of it by the Psychology Department!

Hope to see you hanging around these cool new places!

Junior at Florida State University. Double majoring in Media Production and Editing, Writing, and Media.
Her Campus at Florida State University.