Five Teachers Every Collegiette Will Experience In Her College Career

1.     The Sexy Man Teacher

It’s the first day of class and a dreamy man walks in. You think: he must be a fifth year senior…or sixth. Plot twist: he’s the teacher. You check his left index finger for a ring, and wonder how you will ever be able to pay attention in class (regardless of if he’s married because hey, you can still look). He makes it insanely difficult to focus throughout the semester, because frankly, all you can think about is one day having his babies. You might dream about him…and then wonder if he knows. This makes attending class an uncomfortable task. You end up acing his class though. Of course this man with flamingly attractive features is also a great teacher. If you have not experienced a sexy man teacher in your college career yet, I pray your time will come.

2.     The Teacher That Won’t Retire

This teacher is nearing one hundred years of age. Okay not one hundred, but years past sixty-five. You might mistake them for your grandma or grandpa at first glance. This teacher is cranky, frail, and a bit rude. You might sympathize with them, because it takes all of your own energy to roll out of bed, look presentable for class, find a parking spot, and trek a mile across campus from the parking spot that took you thirty minutes to secure. But you still wonder why they haven’t retired when it seems as if they hate their students and teaching in itself. Though they may be nearing the end of their life, they can still be an impressive teacher, thanks to the many years of experience they have gained.

3.     The Teacher That Has A Mandatory Attendance Policy

This could easily be the most dreaded teacher of all. Most college students see attending every class, every day, as an exhausting task. This teacher may give you two or three free unexcused absences, which they see as a generous gift, but having to enroll in a course where attendance could affect your grade is depressing. What’s even worse than a teacher who has a mandatory attendance policy is a teacher who has a mandatory attendance policy, but repeatedly forgets to take attendance. I would try to steer clear of these.

4.     The Teacher That Reads Directly From Their PowerPoints

This teacher lacks what helps most people succeed in various sectors of their life, such as romance, friendships, basic communication, etc. This trait is personality. They read word for word from their PowerPoint presentations, or possibly from PowerPoints they didn’t even make themselves. If they did, they would have some knowledge of what information is on the slides and be able to give a general synopsis of each. They are dull, possibly lifeless people, most likely even less interested in the topic being discussed than you are, and that’s sad. Just hope that this teacher doesn’t have a mandatory attendance policy too.

5.     The Teacher That Constantly Repeats A Word

This teacher has a favorite word, one they can’t help but use in every sentence. His/her class gives you a headache because no one wants to hear the word “so,” “um,” “exactly,” etc., sixty-two times during each lecture. You vaguely wonder if they hear themselves repeating the same word multiple times in each sentence, and then eventually try to tune them out. This results in a waste of time spent in class, because you couldn’t retain the information. You also wonder if you repeat a word multiple times when you speak too, and hope that your friends would tell you if you did.

Her Campus at Florida State University.