Campus Cutie Brenna Opelka: Bunhead Takes On The Big Apple

Name: Brenna Opelka

Major: Editing Writing and Media

Age: 19

Zodiac Sign: Taurus

Her Campus (HC): What are you involved in on campus?

Brenna Opelka (BO): I write for Diverse World Fashion and The Victoria’s Secret PINK Street Team.

HC: Tell us about your career goals.

BO: I’m not exactly sure yet, but I’m thinking about magazine writing. I’m exploring that field because I’m really into fashion.

HC: What is your favorite magazine?

BO: I like reading Cosmopolitan and Elle, I always thought it would be fun to work for Teen Vogue it’s so lighthearted and young.

Brenna on the right.

HC: So you interned in NYC this summer?

BO: I had so much fun; I worked for a media company called The Blaze in the editorial department. I focused on researching headlines and current stories in the news. I also helped proofread some of the website articles and organize documents. The program was fantastic because it gave me real experience and responsibilities. I love the city life. It was so exciting. I want to go back as soon as I can. I actually am planning to go back this winter.  I made a group of really good friends, all the parks and shopping was great. I really loved Central and Washington Square Park. I just love New York.

HC: What do you think you learned from your experience in New York?

BO: Really just how to be on your own. You’re in a completely different place from where you grew up and dealing with the fast paced life of New York. Also going into your internship and just working hard and learning.

HC: Tell us about your life as a dancer.

BO: This is my 12th year dancing. I dance ballet, contemporary and jazz. I currently dance at Dance Fusion Studios and this is my 2nd year on their collegiate team. My favorite performance was dancing in the FSU homecoming parade last year! There was so much energy and it was one of our first performances together, so it was a great bonding experience.

Janecia Britt, originally from Tampa, FL is a junior at Florida State who’s enchanted by all things fashion, interior design and art. Majoring in Editing, Writing and Media with a minor in Communication, she has big goals to move to NYC after graduation. She's a brand ambassador for eff.y.bee jewelry, a member of the Victoria Secret PINK Street Team and a Lady SpiritHunter! When she’s not writing for HerCampus, she is baking, crafting and cooking for her friends. You can find her taking Step and Pilates classes at the Leach or canvassing all the boutiques of Tallahassee. She’s a busy bee but puts her heart and soul into everything she does (including her infamous desserts).
Her Campus at Florida State University.