Bill Nye Tries to Save the World With His New Netflix Series

Bill! Bill! Bill! Bill!

No, you are not reading an article from 1999.

Bill Nye, the Science Guy, was everyone’s OG science teacher. He quickly became a household name in the mid to late 90’s for his work producing, writing and starring in Bill Nye, the Science Guy. The PBS show ran for 100 episodes and taught its audience with humor and practical visuals, all thanks to Bill.

Chances are if you were unfamiliar with a science subject, you would refer to Bill and he’d teach you the subject in such a way that you actually could NOT look away. His enthusiasm made every teenager practically say, “heck yeah I want to learn about invertebrates!”

Well, guess what? Now you can learn about even MORE science topics.

HECK YEAH!

THIS IS NOT A DRILL. Get your bowtie ready.

Courtesy: Google Play

Now, at age 61, everyone’s favorite wacky science guy is back… Bill Nye just announced that he will have his own Netflix show, Bill Nye Saves the World. The show is set to release on April 21, and will feature special celebrity guest appearances including, Karlie Kloss, Tim Gunn, Joel McHale, Steve Aoki and Alton Brown to name a few. The show will have a different approach in order to educate its audience. Nye states that the 2017 educational revamp will be taking on a more “fact based” methodology. Interestingly, the show will also include a live studio audience.

Bill will also be featuring several correspondents to help him along the way as he educates the newer generation (or everyone, we all love Bill).

Emily Calandrelli is an MIT grad and aerospace engineer. She also hosted and produced her own educational show on Fox, Xploration Outer Space.

Joanna Hausman is a content creator and comedian, who has produced her own mini-series for Univision, Flama.

Nazeem Hussain is an Australian comedian and actor best known for producing and starring in his own show, Legally Brown.

Derek Muller is an Australian-Canadian science content creator. He is the creator of the YouTube channel, Veritasium. With over three million subscribers, 260 videos and millions of views per video, Muller explores his passions and informs his audience on subjects ranging from engineering and space, to more fundamental science concepts.

Courtesy: Derek Muller

We still have a bit of a waiting game left until the show gets released in April and we all skip our Friday lectures to binge watch. Don’t kid yourself, you know you will be lying in bed with a box of Lucky Charms, watching Every. Single. Episode. Until then, you can binge watch the Bill Nye, the Science Guy collection that is already on Netflix. You must be living under a rock if you didn’t already know this was released on Netflix.

So, in the meantime go learn about lakes and ponds. You know you want to.

Alejandra is a Junior at Florida State University double majoring in Media Communication Studies and Editing, Writing, and Media. Upon graduating from FSU she aspires to become a screenwriter.
Her Campus at Florida State University.