Being A Girl At FSU As Told By ‘Sex and the City’

As an avid Sex and the City fan, I can’t help but be continuously inspired by the timeless advice portrayed by Carrie and her girls. Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte and Miranda would each thrive in their battles of the heart and mind if they did, in fact, attend Florida State University. Here are a few occasions when the #SATC girls had some similar reactions to life, boys and style that may relate to us Tally gals.

Courtesy of Pinterest.com

A tale as old as time, a few too many stops down College Avenue later and occasionally the lesson is, yes, maybe I should have just stayed in and woken up in time for class. It’s a hard lesson that usually doesn’t stick in my head and I’m sure plenty of us have said these exact words but continue to go out and have reckless nights anyway. Carrie is referring to those moments when we’ve contemplated whether Mandatory Makeout Monday, a Friday night at TENN or yet another “Derdsday” was truly necessary, or if we would have been better off grabbing some friends and having a movie night. 

Courtesy: Pinterest

There you are—Venti Iced coffee in hand, juggling your laptop and FSU ID, glasses out of place, makeup from the night before smeared, a sweatshirt that is less than flattering, leggings that don’t make your butt look cute in Stroz. And there he is—frat tank, perfect arms, sick Adidas Ultra-something-cool sneakers. These are the moments we dread and can’t seem to avoid. The days we try and look cute, throw on some foundation and mascara and wear the “good” leggings and the pretty top, the campus is a ghost town. On the days when we look like sh*t, everyone sees the train-wreck in action. It’s not science, but it could be. 

Courtesy: Revelist.com

After a night of wrongdoings, sometimes all we can do is gossip. With the occurrences of the night just passed, it’s time to talk out some of the details, but with summer around the corner, it’s time to multitask and hit the Leach. Hitting the track as you trash talk each other, other people and of course, boys, you might as well get some cardio in. 

Courtesy: CelebQuotes.com

Hold the Cosmo, but whether Taco Bell, Insomnia or any other late night food spot is your weakness, Carrie is us in line for our munchie of choice post-night out. “Yes, that will be a LARGE fry, please, with extra everything.” 

Courtesy: Twitter (@Samanta_Quotes)

On the phone with your gals discussing how to figure out what’s-his-name from what’s-that-frat’s issue. Usually, it’s simple and Samantha hit the nail on the head. Maybe he’s just not a nice boy. Move on. 

Courtesy: ThoughtCatolog.com

Here we are on whichever apartment balcony before Happy Hour pretending to laugh or maybe actually starting to laugh. Outfits on point and celebrating the close of a long week of going to a few classes and taking that horrible exam. This is a moment I hope has been shared by Tally girl squads from Onyx to U-Club and beyond. 

Courtesy: Pinterest

Planning out the start of a new weekend typically begins with this Samantha quote. A new weekend means new opportunities to meet Mr. Right or at least some guys from his fraternity. 

Courtesy: Pinterest

That exam that your professor said you couldn’t study for the night before is no match for your restless all-nighter but in the morning not even a Venti could save you. This may also be your first words after a night of post-game and post-post-game that just would never end. Again, Venti? Try Trenti. 

Courtesy: Pinterest

When your friends try to convince you to go out but it’s been way too long of a day. Not sure if this excuse works for Carrie but my friends probably wouldn’t buy it. The feeling still reigns true though; occasionally people are just too much and it’s no more than just not being in the mood to see people. 

Courtesy: Pinterest

Lastly, this is your just-turned 22-year-old FSU student who feels old and irrelevant. Graduation is around the corner and real life is the next door down. Feeling like you just can’t get down like a freshman, but you probably can. Saying you’re old and being old are two very different things. 

Miami, FL 
Her Campus at Florida State University.