Apartment Style: Make Your Walls Uniquely “You”

A college girl’s apartment is a direct reflection of her personality. If you’re still stuck with boring old white walls or are getting tired of your current décor, here’s a little inspiration:

Tapestries from Urban Outfitters: With the new Urban Outfitters opening in College Town, now is the perfect time to go shopping for cute items that will really transform your room. Urban carries posters and other various wall ornaments, as well as some really beautiful tapestries. One of their best sellers is the Laura Kicey Moonbeam Tapestry for $60, pictured above.

Look around for some goodies on Market Wednesdays!: If Urban’s not entirely in your price range but you love the boho chic look, head on over to the Union on Market Wednesdays! They have tapestries there for $20. There are a wide variety of colorful patterns. They also sell really cool movie posters as well!

Allposters.com: For prints of classic art like this one of Vincent Van Gogh’s Café Terrace at Night, Allposters.com is the place to go. They’re also great for classic movie, photography, music, and sports posters. You can even get them framed and shipped to you ready for hanging! If you live in a dorm and can’t nail things into the walls, don’t worry! Some of these posters come as decals, an easy way to dress up your space without damaging anything.

Dali Decals: Speaking of decals, this site has beautiful ones. They range from inspirational quotes, to monograms, to flowers and birds, like the one pictured above. Each element of the decal is customizable, so you can change the colors to match the color scheme of your room!

Redbubble: If you’re really into TV shows, movies, or anything pop culture related, this is the site for you. The art here is made by fans, for fans. If you’re looking for an interesting way to express your love for Jesse from Breaking Bad, I guarantee there will be plenty of creative wall art and posters you can purchase from this site. Check it out!

DIY photo collages, paintings, and more: Of course, nothing says “uniquely you” more than a photo collage or a work of art you made yourself. If you’re feeling truly ambitious, pick up a paintbrush, acrylic set, and a small canvas from the store. Let your creative juices flow. You’ll be surprised at what you can do!

Alecia Jo is a senior at Florida State University. She is majoring in Public Relations and Editing, Writing & Media. Her interests include writing, film, and theatre. She enjoys getting to know people and hearing their stories."My favorite thing in the whole world is listening to someone talk about a subject they're truly passionate about. They just light up with excitement. That energy is contagious, and I try to put the same amount of passion into everything I do."
Her Campus at Florida State University.