Amanda Gomez: Miami Native with PR Dreams

Name: Amanda Gomez

Age: 19

Year: Freshman

Major: Communications

Hometown: Miami, FL

Relationship Status: Single

Her Campus (HC): What made you decide to come to FSU?

Amanda Gomez (AG): My dad attended Florida State and talked so highly about it so I grew up wanting to go there. My whole family is full of Seminole spirit so being a student here is fun for all of us.

HC: What kind of job do you want to have after you graduate?

AG: Hopefully a job in public relations. I want to coordinate the media for different events.

HC: Where do you want to live when you’re older?

AG: I’d love to live in a city like Chicago or Boston. I like that they’re similar to New York, but a little less fast-paced. It would also be a nice change from Miami.

HC: What was it like to grow up in Miami?

AG: I went to a high school that had over 800 people in my grade so it was definitely very interesting at times. Since it was such a big city there were always big events that my friends and I would go to like Ultra, Identity Music Festival and Kaskade. I was also on the cheerleading team at my school so it was really fun to be involved and go to football games and basketball games every weekend.

HC: What activities are you involved in at FSU?

AG: I’m in the advertising club and I’m in Sigma Delta Tau Sorority.

HC: What’s your favorite part about being in a sorority?

AG: I like that it always gives me something to do whether it’s going to a social, a date function, or getting involved in philanthropies. I also love how I’ve met so many people since I joined; all of the girls are so nice and genuine. Oh, and the mealsdefinitely the meals.

Megan is a freshman at Florida State University studying Retail Merchandising. She is originally from Miami, FL, but dreams of living in New York. In her spare time she enjoys writing, blogging, watching Grey's Anatomy reruns, and all things fashion. Twitter: meganmaguire_ Instagram: meggmaguiree
Her Campus at Florida State University.