5 Things to Do In NYC at Christmas Time

This Christmas break I am going to New York City for the first time with my boyfriend. I am beyond excited to see the city at Christmastime and can’t wait to walk around hand in hand with my love and explore the Big Apple. Here are the top 5 things I am excited to do this Christmas in NYC.

Bryant Park Winter Village

Out of all the things to do in the winter in NYC, no other event or holiday market receives as much hype as the Bryant Park Winter Village. The park has a 17,000-square-foot ice-skating rink and more than 125 shopping kiosks and food vendors open for business. This park looks so cool! I can’t wait to shop and see all of the decorations.

Courtesy: Timeout NYC

Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree

The Rockefeller Christmas tree is an iconic sight to see. The tree stands 75ft tall with over 45,000 LED lights in the center of Rockefeller plaza. The tree is lit Wednesday, November 29, with live performances from 7–9pm, at Rockefeller Plaza. The Tree will remain lit and can be viewed until 9pm on January 7, 2018.

Courtesy: Timeout NYC

5th Avenue Holiday Window Displays

Shopping in NYC at Christmas time is so much fun with the holiday window displays! Every year in mid-November, the biggest department stores in New York City create one-of-a-kind presentations of holiday-cheer in their exterior windows, usually with an original Christmas theme or throw-back to years past.

Courtesy: Travel Channel

Eat at Rolf’s

Christmas lovers: If being surrounded by hundreds of dazzling decorations as you dine is up your alley, make Rolf’s a must during your New York City holiday. The German restaurant is located in the city’s Gramercy Park neighborhood and is decked out in lights and decor for the holidays. This place looks amazing! I can’t wait to try it out.

Ice Skating in Central Park

This is something I have always wanted to do. I can picture it now, snow falling while Blake and I skate around the beautiful rink in Central Park. Can I just go now and skip finals, please?

I can’t wait for our trip, I pray these next two weeks go by quickly. I wish you all good luck on finals and I hope you all have a great holiday season!

Alexis is a senior this year at Florida State University. She is pursuing a degree in Psychology with minors in education and child development. She loves trail running, spending time with her family and amazing boyfriend Blake, watching netflix and eating massive amounts of peanut butter. You can find her on Facebook and Instagram @lexie_cullen.
Her Campus at Florida State University.