5 Major Life Lessons Learned from Grey’s Anatomy

In it’s 13 seasons, Grey’s Anatomy has given its audience more than just drama and trauma. The show gives valuable life advice that are applicable to anyone, not just doctors. As Meredith and the others have gone through adult life they have learned and repeated past mistakes. Every Thursday night we get to watch and learn.

Courtesy: ABC.com

1. Talk to Your Significant Other

If Grey’s Anatomy could have another title it would be “We Should Talk this Out”. It is very important that you talk to your partner honestly. A recent example of this could be Alex and Jo. You should probably tell your partner if you’re married to someone else. That’s a bit important.

2. Pay Attention to Your Body

Does anyone else remember when Izzy literally had hallucinations and ignored it for like 3 months? I do and frankly it changed me. If anything about your body concerns you, it is worth getting looked at. You may feel dumb but if it puts your mind to rest, it’s worth it.

3. Your Moral Dilemmas Will Never Be Easy

Courtesy: ABC.com

There are so many times this has happened in Grey’s. From when Meredith felt bad for a serial killer, to when she switched the file to give Adele the drug and not the placebo. It was never easy. It’s something that will always be wrestled with. Which is okay, because those decisions should never be taken lightly.

4. Stick with Your Day Ones

If you asked me if Alex and Meredith would still be friends after all this time, the answer would be no. But truthfully, he is the only one left in that hospital that really knows what she has gone through and vise versa. It’s important to keep someone like that in your life because they can be there for you when no one else can be. #alexandmer4ever

5. Stand Up for Yourself

Whenever Dr. Bailey gets up and talks to anyone that is running a muck I get chills (because she is a bad bish and doesn’t take shiz from anyone). She saved a Nazi’s life even though she could have chosen not to. She stood up for herself and never stepped down. We can all take a lesson from Bailey on how to be confident.

Courtesy: The AV Club

Advertising major from Jacksonville, Florida who never grew out of her Jonas Brothers phase
Her Campus at Florida State University.