Spring has sprung, birds are chirping, and the sun is out. Or, at least that’s what you see from inside Strozier, painfully looking out the window on the 4th floor while sipping on Starbucks and punching random numbers on your pink Ti-84 calculator.

We are about to hit the home stretch, the final 4 weeks of the semester, and we couldn’t be more excited for summer. However, it’s hard to think about all the preparation, studying, and decisions to be made in the approaching weeks and not cringe. The four stressors include, but are not limited to:

The Ultimate Summer Bod: Without a doubt, summer is the time to sport bikinis, teeny shorts, and crop tops, all in the same outfit. If I thought I was behind on Spring Break body, I’m super behind for summer. As much as I want to look good, Suwanee’s chocolate chip cookies are calling my name 100% of the time.

Picking Classes: I don’t even know what I want for breakfast tomorrow, how am I supposed to pick what classes I will be taking five months from now?! Between choosing a course, a time, a professor with a relatively good RateMyProfessor review and double-checking that it doesn’t interrupt my other classes, signing up is an all day affair.

Finals: Just thinking about finals makes me tear up. Known as the hardest week of school, the entire FSU population will be in the library at some point in the week. Not only will they fight you for the one empty table in all 5 floors of Strozier, but they will probably decide they want Starbucks at the same time you do (as if the line wasn’t long enough to begin with). The stress is so palpable that students even look different. Girls are hyped-up on caffeine (closely cupping their double shot espresso from Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts…or both), their hair tossed about in raggly strands, sporting their yoga pants, converse and two non matching socks they found under their bed. It is easily the most physically demanding week of the semester and only determines things like your GPA. No big deal.

Vacation vs. Internship vs. Job: Growing up, summer meant freedom: beach days galore, ice cream-eating contests, and sleeping till noon. Well, that time is long gone as I am now flooded with choices. I wish these decisions were about what Netflix show(s) to binge-watch, which pajamas to sport all day or if I should set my alarm for 11 or 12. Instead I’m forced to make grown-up decisions. Should I spend my summer vacationing on a tropical island, find a paid internship, or work on finding a job to build my resume. Even worse, it is close to impossible to allot time for all three. Decisions, decisions… (Always pick the vacation).

Whether you are just finishing your freshmen year or saying goodbye to Florida State for good, try to enjoy these next few months in Tallahassee (even if it is from inside Strozier). No matter what time of year it is, always remember it’s a great to be a Seminole!

Taylor is a sophomore at the Florida State University. She enjoys Thai food, sunshine and when guac doesn’t cost extra. If you can’t find her around campus she is most likely in bed watching Parks and Rec on repeat. She is on the eternal search for the indie bearded Chuck Bass & is currently accepting applications. She has (finally) chosen to pursue a degree in Editing, Writing, and Media!!
Her Campus at Florida State University.