4 Items You Didn’t Know You Needed on Your Holiday Wish List

Everyone knows that there are gifts that we are desperately hoping we receive during the holiday season, like those insanely cute boots you found at the mall during Black Friday or the beautiful gold necklace that would help you slay all your interviews. However, there are always those gifts that we weren’t dying for, but are so incredibly helpful and appreciated when the horrors of life decide to descend on you.

There are the obvious ones and some that are more surprising. Keep reading to see if any of these should be tacked to the bottom of your wish list!

Chapstick

Courtesy: Giphy

We all know that we are so grateful when we receive chapstick, especially in the colder weather and if we have that lucky someone to kiss underneath the mistletoe. Chapstick is a definite NEED.

Phone Accessories

Everyone at some point in their college career breaks their phone charger, and we all know that cell phones are essential to staying connected to events, people, and your email. Without your phone charger (or a protective case if you’re quite the klutz like yours truly), you are socially isolated until you have found it in your schedule to run out to the store to buy a new one, not to mention the toll that a reliable charger can take on your dwindling college bank account (really Apple, why are your chargers SO MUCH MONEY?). If you were to receive an extra one this holiday season, you bet your cutie patootie that it would come in handy down the line.

Skin/Hair Products

If you haven’t already, there is no better time to ask for skin and hair products as gifts. They are the perfect stocking stuffers. The best make-up remover wipes, the fabulous formula that tames your curls or prevents your oily hair from shining through your pony-tail, or even a simple face mask to help you de-stress during the craziness that is finals week or add/drop week all fit just right inside the fluffy red cloth that hangs on your mantles. And we all know that these things are a necessity to our personal hygiene and sanity throughout the year.

Cooking Supplies

For most college students, it’s highly likely that your living quarters are not conveniently located on campus, mere feet from the dining halls that serve decent (at least edible) food. This poses a problem for all of you who are trying not only to learn how to make it through University life, but finally navigate through the kitchen. Any help in this department would be worth it, considering most of college diets consist of microwavable foods, Kraft Mac n Cheese, and pasta. All of which are neither healthy, nor exactly tasty. Some great ideas include spices (to cover the taste of burned meat/tofu), a smoothie maker (to force us to eat more fruit and veggies), or even a recipe book (to encourage us to get a little fancy). Even a little bit of culinary encouragement from loved ones to prepare for the real world of cooking for yourself would definitely be helpful over this Christmas season. Channel your inner Remy, and remember that anyone can cook, even you!

A major in Criminology with an interest in everything else
Her Campus at Florida State University.