13 Ways to Reward Yourself After Studying for Finals While Also Promoting Self-Growth

Finals are almost over and guess what? You’ve got this! Here are some ways to reward yourself after the stress of finals. Spend your new-found time on something for yourself!

1. Watch an Amazing Film

A classic film idol, current film queen and a popular aesthetic genius. Watch a piece of work from them for yourself and gather a sense of your personal opinion on one of these films, maybe even learn a little about their technique! Here are my suggestions:

Alfred Hitchcock

Psycho

Rear Window

Ava DuVernay

13th

A Wrinkle in Time

Wes Anderson

The Budapest Hotel

Isle of Dogs

2. Paint by Numbers

Most of us low-key LOVE to paint but we have no idea how to. Thankfully, there’s the latest Internet craze, Adult Paint By Number! This website has many cheap options for you to choose from! Now that classes are wrapping up for the semester, use your extra time to try one of these!

Courtesy: Paintbynumbers.co

3. Read a Book

Does the thought “I should read more” sound familiar? Here are some helpful links to find a good book to stick your nose in!

Here’s a way to filter your search for a good book to only see the books that match your interests!

http://www.openingthebook.com/whichbook/

https://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/17-ways-find-good-books-read.html

4. Grab a Concert Ticket

This doesn’t mean finding Taylor or Beyonce tickets, Branch out! Grab cheap tickets to see a local band or find an interesting show happening near you. Look forward to experiencing a night out on the town instead of reliving the library all-nighters you’ve become far too used to.

5. Listen to an Artist You’re Unfamiliar With

This one is pretty simple, think of an artist you’ve heard about but haven’t actually taken the time to listen to…. And then listen to them. Here are some suggestions!

HAIM

James Bay

Chance the Rapper

Bon Iver

Camila Cabello

Dua Lipa

6. Learn About Something

This semester has required you to learn a lot about specific topics, so switch it up! Take the time to learn about anything you’ve ever been curious about. To get some ideas flowing, you could learn about various topics including the Syrian crisis, mead, nutrition, mental illness or cricket!

7. Choose a Major or a Minor

It’s time to start thinking about this. Discover what you love!

8. Pick Up a New Hobby

Cooking, paddle boarding, crochet, gardening, running, writing (join Her Campus). These are just a few options of the infinite things you could be doing with your newfound time.

9. Go for a Hike

There are endless places around Tallahassee. Start with Tom Brown park! Get outside and get that fresh air. The air in the library will be the same when you return so breathe some new air!

10. Start Writing in a Journal

Sometimes it’s good to get built up emotions out, even if it’s just on paper. Handwriting a piece of your emotions is a great form of therapy. Have you tried it?

11. Try a New Restaurant

Tallahassee is full of amazing cuisine so get out and try some! Here are a few suggestions:

Little Italy

Urban Food Market

Sahara Greek

Mayuri Indian Restaurant

Decent Pizza

509 Caribbean Cuisine

Leola’s Crab Shack

12. Binge- Watch a New Series on Netflix

We all know this one will happen over the summer regardless. Let me point you in the right direction with a few suggestions!

Grey’s Anatomy

New Girl

Friends

Parenthood

Bates Motel

13. Set Some Goals

Where are you in your life now? Where do you want to be? What can you begin to do in your life that will get you to where you want to be? Consider these questions and set goals for the upcoming school year. As far as suggestions go, I’ve got your back.

Increase your savings.

Improve your physical fitness.

Learn to cook.

Build up that GPA!

Figure out how to build up your resume… then do it!

What other ways will you be unwinding after finals?

Have a happy and healthy summer!

Her Campus at Florida State University.