12 Struggles When Preparing for Finals Week as Told by Prison Break

Spring Break has come and gone, and now it’s time to come face-to-face with the one thing worse than being locked in a maximum-security prison: Finals week. Okay, maybe I over-exaggerated. It’s not the worst thing and it doesn’t come with a sentence of 25-to-life, but the projects, papers and exams to prepare for do make it feel like an eternity.  So sit back, relax and let Michael Scofield and his delinquent gang guide you through the terror that is preparing for finals week.

1. When you first realize how many assignments and tests are rapidly approaching and suddenly you’re drowning in homework.

2. When your teacher claims, “Everything on this study guide will be on the final exam.”

3. When it’s 2 a.m. and you’ve read a total of three sentences from the first chapter, so you decide to reward yourself with food.

4. When you resort to looking through your notes and realize that everything you heard in lecture went in one ear and out the other, meaning you know absolutely nothing.

5. When your roommate brags about how well they did in the class all semester and that they only need to get a 68% on their final to maintain their “A.”

6. When you decide that it’s worth a shot tracking down your professor after class to beg for extra credit.

7. When you have a final group project due and are forced to lay down the law and get down to business.

8. When you’ve been working on your final essay for two hours and realize you’ve only typed your name and 3 words. Only 995 words to go (because you’re kidding yourself if you think you’ll actually go over the minimum word requirement)!

9. When you begin to contemplate simply ditching your exams and starting summer break early.

10. When you’re just about to give up all hope of passing any of your finals…

11. …And then one of your classmates blesses everyone with a Quizlet for the test.

12. Ultimately, you decide that you’ve done all that you can do and it’s time to put your grades in the hands of the finals week gods (aka your TAs).

Even though finals week is a pain in the butt, don’t give up! Michael Scofield broke out of prison like four times, so trust me when I say, you can make it. Take a deep breath and, say it with me now, “My GPA is just a number and it doesn’t define my entire life.”

*All GIFs are courtesy of Giphy

Tawnie Simpson is a Senior Editing, Writing, and Media student at Florida State University. She enjoys (needs) a good cup of cold brew, she comes from a small town nobody knows called "about an hour south of Tampa" and she is often mistaken for 10-year-old Lindsay Lohan, but she's not complaining.
    Her Campus at Florida State University.