10 Ways “That’s So Raven” Inspired Us

That’s So Raven made its debut in 2003 and became a huge hit. The show starred Raven Symoné, former child star who played the daughter in The Cosby Show. With her psychic powers and fashion skills she was able to disguise as anyone she wanted in order to get her, her friends or her family out of difficult situations. That’s So Raven was a comedy that always taught good life lessons. Here are ways she inspired you through her show.

1. Shout out to That’s So Raven for being one of the first shows with interracial friendships. 

Courtesy: Tea Breakfast

2. Lets face it: we all wish we could impersonate our moms just as well as Raven did.

Courtesy: gifsoup

3. We all were jealous of how Raven was able to accessorize and make anything she had to wear look this cute.

Courtesy: m-magazine

4. Gotta love Rae’s positive outlook on love.

Courtesy: Tumblr

5. She was able to make science, well, fun!

Courtesy: Tumblr

6. Remember when Raven designed a dress for a fashion show and Victoria told her she wasn’t good enough to model it because she wasn’t a size 2? Raven spoke the truth!

Courtesy: Youthareawesome

7. Can there be like a That’s So Raven dance class? Because I would totally take it.

Courtesy: Buzzfeed

8. Trees are important, okay. Raven, Chelsea and Eddie showed us that our voices matter by climbing a tree to prevent Old Oaky from being cut down. #treehugger4life

Courtesy: Tumblr

9. We have to give it up to Raven for starting this catch phrase because we all know we still use it… 12 years later. 

Courtesy: Giphy

10. Although every vision Raven had involved something bad happening, she always found a way to fix it and everything always turned out good in the end. So That’s So Raven taught us not to stress about the future because everything will work out how it’s supposed to in the end.

Courtesy: Buzzfeed

On August 14, 2015, The View held a That’s So Raven reunion featuring Orlando Brown (Eddie) and Anneliese Van DerPol (Chelsea). Though this was their first reunion on live television, they have had a lot of previous cooking reunions at Raven’s house that Orlando calls “Raven Tuesdays.” Along with cooking together, the former costars also reminisce about their childhood and watch old That’s So Raven episodes. They got really close during the seasons Orlando said, “The chemistry was amazing… I mean at the same time it’s like we weren’t just talking to, just like, ourselves all the time, we were talking to family all the time. It turned into something that was very, very epic.” After a few years of relaxation, Brown made an appearance in the new 2015 hit movie Straight Outta Compton and Anneliese Van Derpol is starring in her first solo show in NYC at Feinstein’s/ 54 Below; this show will even feature her good friend Raven Symone. The friendships that they portrayed on air became the best relationships that they made for life. That’s So Raven’s success came from many funny moments throughout the show but also due to the relatable life lessons and real-life situations the characters provided to viewers and dedicated fan base.

Courtesy: Youtube

I don't dress up for boys. I dress up to stare at my reflection as I walk by store windows.
Her Campus at Florida State University.