10 Things You Can No Longer Do Once You’ve Graduated FSU

Graduation is right around the corner (I know… “don’t remind me”), so say goodbye to the best years of your life. With only a week left to call ourselves “students,” it’s time to start appreciating the perks that come with it. Before you know it we’re going to be alumni, and we’re no longer going to be able to do these 10 things.

1. Attend Football Games for Free

Courtesy: Signature Sports Marketing

Walking into Doak slightly buzzed from tailgating will never again be free. Next time you cheer on the ‘Noles from the stands, you’re going to be forking over some cold hard cash and you won’t be seated in the student section (not like that’s going to stop us from going).

2. Sunbathe on Landis

Courtesy: Guilty Pleasures

Killing that hour between class by lying on Landis has probably been a regular part of your college career. Say goodbye to that and all the cute puppies that come along with it if you’re graduating.

3. Study in Strozier

Courtesy: Raise The Torch

No more pulling all-nighters in Strozier (aka pretending to look busy). If you need to rent a book, have fun at the public library.

4. Workout at the Leach

Courtesy: Rant Lifestyle

Having access to a state-of-the-art gym is something we’re all going to miss. We aren’t going to miss waiting around for the next open machine, however.

5. Party at the Strip

Courtesy: Red Rock’s Tallahassee

Okay, so you can technically still do this after you graduate. That doesn’t mean you should. As much as we will miss it, graduating means it’s time to let go of the Strip and move on to the big girl bars.

6. Get Student Discounts

Courtesy: Her Campus

Wave goodbye to your cheap Amazon Prime and paying a mere 5 dollars a month for your Spotify account. You’re an “adult” now, so it’s time to pay adult prices.

7. Get a Hug from Ms. Killings

Courtesy: FSU News

While we’re probably not going to miss the food in Suwanee, seeing Ms. Killings’ smiling face every time you go to eat is going to be hard to let go of.

8. Go Out on a Weekday

Courtesy: Top Tier Twitter

Mandatory Makeout Mondays do not exist in the real world. The closest you’re going to get is grabbing a post-work cocktail with your dinner, and then crawling into bed by 10 pm.

9. Visit the Circus

Courtesy: Tallahassee Scene

It’s pretty cool that we get to boast having a circus on our campus. It’s not pretty cool that we have to give up going for free once we graduate. Don’t make us graduate.

10. Enjoy our Beautiful Campus Everyday

Courtesy: Her Campus

FSU doesn’t rank as one of the most beautiful universities in the nation for nothing. Don’t take strolling past the beautiful brick buildings and superb landscaping on your way to class for granted. This luxury is going to be gone once you graduate.

Sure, graduating college means that you’re no longer a student and that it is time to enter the real world. While we might miss some of the awesome bonuses being a student entails, one thing will always remain true: We will always be Florida State Seminoles.

Caylen is a Senior at Florida State University. She is Majoring in English Literature. Caylen loves reading, elephants, Chick-fil-A, and her Netflix account.
Her Campus at Florida State University.