10 Things to do When You’re 21 in Tallahassee

Unlike big cities like Orlando or Miami, the things to do and places to visit are limited to the Collegiette of FSU. Here is a list of 10 popular activities and places to visit when you turn 21.

1. Bullwinkle’s — Notorious for being strictly inaccessible to the underage, and sharp with detecting fake I.D.s, Bullwinkle’s bar is basically a rite of passage when turning 21.
  2. Proof Brewing Company — Another bar notorious for its strictness, Proof’s is another rite-of-passage bar to visit, especially leaving with a token Proof beer glass.
  3. Palace Saloon — This bar, while not so keen to fakes, is also known as another highly popular bar that has dartboards and pool tables. It is a fun place to hang out and drink with friends.
  4. Getting free shots at liquor stores on your birthday — Mostly unknown to students, most liquor stores will give a free shot of liquor to those on their birthday! Take full advantage, Collegiettes! ;)
  5. Taking 21 shots on the hour every hour for 21 hours — Try not to overdo this one. Taking shots is no easy task, but with such a long time span between shots, it is relatively easy to get through them all. Just keep track of the time.
  6. Ask people for a dollar till you make $21 — This is generally fun to do with close friends. When you acquire $21, you buy a round of shots for yourself and some friends.
  7. Kiss 21 strangers — While in theory this one is fun to do, it is not for everyone. However, it is the perfect opportunity to smooch that cute guy from your social psych class you’ve been eyeing for the past few weeks.
  8. Bear Paw — This four-hour lazy river in Marianna, FL, is an incredible adventure. With rope swings and mini rapids, this river cruise on tubes is by far one of the greatest adventures in the panhandle.
  9. Fermentation Lounge — Known as a graduate bar, this little bar is filled with many unique beers and has a relaxing atmosphere to hang with recent graduates and grad students.
  10. Getting thrown in Westcott Fountain — A tradition here at FSU, getting thrown into the Westcott fountain on your birthday is an absolute must for any birthday, but especially for your 21st.
Senior in Creative Writing at FSU. Aspiring journalist/novelist/world traveler. She can be seen binge watching Netflix through the broken blinds of her window and scarfing down large personal pizzas from Papa Johns. Her hobbies include being introverted, having a romantic love affair with Ben & Jerry (scandalous!), playing with people's pets at their houses instead of actually communicating with anyone, and sending brilliantly funny snapchats to her friends list.
Her Campus at Florida State University.